Imperial in a flap over Tom’s cheeky campaign game

By on

Facebook Twitter

Tom Wheeler kicks off his campaign for Union Presidency with Flappy Tom, a fun game to demostrate how everything's a little easier with Tom around.

Presidential candidate Tom Wheeler has become a viral sensation on campus after launching his own version of the game Flappy Bird.

Released at midnight on Monday as a downloadable app, Flappy Tom recreates the addictive gameplay of the original, with players navigating Tom’s disembodied, sunglasses-wearing head between rows of green pipes. 

The game’s background has also been updated to show the Albert Hall and the Queen’s Tower flying a banner reading “Vote Tom”.

The game has proven to be as addictive as its predecessor, with the option to post high scores to Facebook and Twitter boosting the game’s popularity no end. It’s tweaked to be a little easier than the original and boasts “Isn’t everything easier with Tom around?”

Flappy Tom shamelessly borrows from the wildly popular Flappy Bird with some noticeable Imperial College additions

On its first day of release, the game had gone viral across Imperial by lunchtime. Tom reports that “12 hours after it went live I was sat in the “Your Candidates: Announced” meeting, and saw somebody playing Flappy Tom 2 or 3 rows in front of me.”

“It’s great that student voters can have a laugh and a bit of fun, and I would love to hear how well people do. Make sure you share your scores on Twitter!”

Click the image to try the game for yourself

Tech savvy members of the campaign team modified an open source clone of the original game with alternative graphics and tweaked game physics.

Flappy Tom is just one small part of the campaign this 3rd Year Physics student has begun in order to convince the student body that he is the best candidate. With eye-catching posters all over campus and an impressive manifesto, Tom presents a very strong case for being our next Union President.

Play the game yourself on Tom’s campaign website.

Facebook Twitter
  • gandalf

get fukin rekt penny

• gandalf

gr8 m8 i r8 th8 8/8

• Mike Hunt

but she’ll be making big £ while you’ll working an average 9-5 sales account managing job in milton keynes shirley.

• obvious

doubt it, it’s music theory… like who cares lol. if she did it in anything meaningful like science, maths or engineering i would be impressed.

By ,         on

Who are you voting for? Take our General Election Survey

It’s make your mind up time

By , Deputy Editor on

An Imperial professor is giving students LSD and watching what happens

It could be a ‘superhighway to the unconscious’

Sponsored by on

Square mile start-ups reject macho slave culture to attract best graduates

Want to work in the city and still have a life?

By , Chief Reporter on

One of The Apprentice contestants is a grad set to take the show by storm

She claims to have got the highest mark on her Business Studies course

By on

Belfast BPOC: I spent my student loan on a miniature schnauzer

The fluffy little idiot cost £450

By , Nottingham News Editor of The Tab on

Nottingham Second years left homeless after tumble dryer fire destroys their kitchen

They might have to go back to Broadgate

By , Sheffield Editor of The Tab on

Sheffield Fresher stabbed in Viper Rooms on his birthday

A man has been charged

By , Durham Editor of The Tab on

Durham Tatler’s guide to Durham underestimates how posh we really are

My father will be hearing about this

By , Former Editor, The Tab London on

London Posh boys should feel guilty about a lot of things but listening to dubstep isn’t one of them

It’s time to welcome the Skepta-loving rich list in from the cold