Imperial in a flap over Tom’s cheeky campaign game

By on

Tom Wheeler kicks off his campaign for Union Presidency with Flappy Tom, a fun game to demostrate how everything's a little easier with Tom around.

Presidential candidate Tom Wheeler has become a viral sensation on campus after launching his own version of the game Flappy Bird.

Released at midnight on Monday as a downloadable app, Flappy Tom recreates the addictive gameplay of the original, with players navigating Tom’s disembodied, sunglasses-wearing head between rows of green pipes. 

The game’s background has also been updated to show the Albert Hall and the Queen’s Tower flying a banner reading “Vote Tom”.

The game has proven to be as addictive as its predecessor, with the option to post high scores to Facebook and Twitter boosting the game’s popularity no end. It’s tweaked to be a little easier than the original and boasts “Isn’t everything easier with Tom around?”

Flappy Tom shamelessly borrows from the wildly popular Flappy Bird with some noticeable Imperial College additions

On its first day of release, the game had gone viral across Imperial by lunchtime. Tom reports that “12 hours after it went live I was sat in the “Your Candidates: Announced” meeting, and saw somebody playing Flappy Tom 2 or 3 rows in front of me.”

“It’s great that student voters can have a laugh and a bit of fun, and I would love to hear how well people do. Make sure you share your scores on Twitter!”

Click the image to try the game for yourself

Tech savvy members of the campaign team modified an open source clone of the original game with alternative graphics and tweaked game physics.

Flappy Tom is just one small part of the campaign this 3rd Year Physics student has begun in order to convince the student body that he is the best candidate. With eye-catching posters all over campus and an impressive manifesto, Tom presents a very strong case for being our next Union President.

Play the game yourself on Tom’s campaign website.

• gandalf

get fukin rekt penny

• Pingback: ccn2785xdnwdc5bwedsj4wsndb()

• Pingback: 3nvb54wnxd5cbvbecnv5ev75bc()

• gandalf

gr8 m8 i r8 th8 8/8

• Mike Hunt

but she’ll be making big £ while you’ll working an average 9-5 sales account managing job in milton keynes shirley.

• obvious

doubt it, it’s music theory… like who cares lol. if she did it in anything meaningful like science, maths or engineering i would be impressed.

By ,         on

Who are you voting for? Take our General Election Survey

It’s make your mind up time

By , Deputy Editor on

An Imperial professor is giving students LSD and watching what happens

It could be a ‘superhighway to the unconscious’

Sponsored by on

Square mile start-ups reject macho slave culture to attract best graduates

Want to work in the city and still have a life?

By , Chief Reporter on

Confessions: What was your worst Tinder date?

‘He told me he had slept with my ex a few weeks earlier so it was literally a date from hell’

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s more important: Face or body?

Pretty face, average bod > average face, fit bod

By and on

What is the best all-girls school in the country?

‘Millie can I borrow a tampon?’

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life