Katy Perry is coming to Hull to headline Radio 1’s Big Weekend

And she is as excited as we are

Katy Perry is coming to Hull to headline Radio 1’s Big Weekend in May on the Saturday night.

Radio 1’s Big Weekend is Europe’s biggest free music festival broadcasted across the BBC to countless listeners.

After pitching up in Exeter last year, as a part of the Hull 2017 celebrations, Big Weekend will be coming to Hull.

Previous acts confirmed for the festival include Stormzy, Little Mix and Kings of Leon.

Excitement is building throughout the city as people are getting ready to apply for tickets to the two-day event.

In an interview with Radio One’s Breakfast show host Nick Grimshaw, the California Girl expressed her excitement for coming back to the UK and for visiting Hull.

The starlet even mentions how she wants to visit Hull’s Yorkshire pudding factory and try some of Hull’s local delicacies, including Chip Spice, a paprika based condiment that Miss Perry assumed was band name.

The tickets will be available to local HU postcode areas in a lottery system, with a £8.50 administration charge.

Hull residents can apply online for the chance of a pair of tickets, exact details on how to apply for tickets and eligibility are yet to be revealed.

Many of the acts confirmed so far have spoken about Hull’s unique accent with members of Kings of Leon attempting the Hull twang on the Radio One website.

It seems that Katy Perry is in for a bit of a shock when she hears the dulcet tones of hull natives. As she notes about English men, “I’ve fancied them. I’m very attracted to their accents of course, so posh.” If she is expecting Queens English, she is mistaken.

Big weekend will be taking place at Burton Constable Hall on the 28th and 29th of May 2017.

University of Hull