SNEAK PEEK: Glasgow’s Vets strip off for annual charity calendar

They braved the gruelling outdoor weather to bring you this treat

Glasgow Vet School’s final-year naked calendar has been an annual fundraiser for many years and the tradition has not died with the class of 2017.

As the end of Vet School draws nearer, final year Vet students have been busy taking on the challenge of facing the often-gruelling weather of Scotland, lurking around the library after nightfall and sidling into the hospital out of hours to continue the long-standing tradition.

Students have been baring flesh all over the Scottish countryside and around the Vet Campus to contribute to a masterpiece of tasteful (for the most part) animal, vet or countryside-themed photos in order to raise money for The Trusty Paws Clinic and SAIN (Students for Animals in Need).

The Trusty Paws Clinic was first set up in Glasgow to provide free veterinary care to dogs belonging to the homeless and SAIN is a charity set up and run by students at Glasgow Vet School, offering financial aid for cases presented to the University’s Small Animal Hospital and Weipers Centre Equine Hospital.

Final year Vet student, Alice, said: “It’s fantastic to be able to use the calendar tradition to support our much loved student charities, which Glasgow Vet School is very proud to be home to.”

Calendars will be ready and printed by this Saturday the 22nd April, and they can also be posted with a little added cost. To order, email Alice at [email protected] and state how many copies are required.