GUCFS raised a massive £15k for charity this year

A fantastic sum

Glasgow University Charity Fashion Show was the highlight of the semester for many students across campus, and the significance of the much-hyped event has just been cemented by the announcement of their overall amount raised for charity: a whopping £15, 307.68.

The fantastic sum will be donated to the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH), which was GUCFS’ charity of choice this year to raise awareness about mental health around the Glasgow campus.

A model strutting her stuff

This year’s show was called Horizon and tickets sold out for the black tie show. The models practised for weeks before the event, meaning the catwalk was perfected. The after party, on until 2am, proved a great end to an already successful evening.

Some of the committee at the event

The GUCFS committee are thrilled with the overall sum, which was raised by the show and various other events held throughout the year, such as quizzes, sky dives, the Launch Party and Mental Health Awareness Week.

GUCFS President, Autumn, said: “I am unbelievably proud of all that our team has achieved this year. I can’t believe we did it. A year ago, a £15,000 target seemed too good to be true, but it just goes to show that team work really does make the dream work.

“SAMH really need this money and I’m so happy that we’re able to help them. The work they do is so important and I am really grateful for the support they have given us.”

Talks are already underway to organise next year’s event.