The best vegan places to eat around Glasgow’s West End

Tried and tested

Being a vegan is sometimes difficult, but we’ve sourced out the best places to eat for you guys in Glasgow’s West End. Get ready to drool.

The Hug and Pint – 171 Great Western Rd, Glasgow

Arguably the best vegan comfort food in Glasgow and it doesn’t cost a fortune. If you go between 12-5pm any day of the week then all main courses are just a fiver (veggies, rejoice). With a great offering of vegan pan-asian inspired food and live music there’s something that everyone will love. They also offer a unique range of craft beers and ciders as well as vegan wines and spirits. One hundred per cent a must visit for all food and music lovers.

Taco Mazama – 263 Byres Rd

They have a vegan Tuesday?!? Located just a stone-throw away from the University, Taco Mazama have a whole day dedicated to us vegans. Serving everything from nachos to burritos and tacos (obviously) you can chose from a range of yummy vegan fillings to satisfy your hunger. And if you let the lovely staff know you are vegan you can get free guacamole on your nachos instead of cheese. That’s a win in our eyes.

The 78 Cafe – 10-14 Kelvinhaugh St

This place is a must-visit if you have a sweet tooth or fancy all your favourite burgers with a vegan twist. Their best selling desserts include the date sticky toffee pudding served with rum caramel and the chocolate and hazelnut brownie (this one is a firm favourite with everyone who’s tried it.) We also totally recommend the coconut & bean chilli nachos served with jalapeños, sour cream, chilli jam & salsa.

Juice Garden – 223 Byres Road

If you fancy grabbing a quick snack when you are about University campus then Juice Garden is truly the place to go. With every smoothie imaginable and a wide variety of cakes made from one hundred per cent organic ingredients, you always leave feeling healthier than when you went in. There is also a twenty per cent student discount with a valid student ID so always have your uni card on you when you visit next.

Bar Soba – Byres Road

If you’re tired of Wagamamas (it does happen) and want somewhere you can enjoy good food and also fabulous cocktails then give Bar Soba a chance. Its unique Pan-Asian Street Food-inspired menu will have something to surprise your taste buds and the staff are so helpful in explaining exactly what’s what in the menu. Their Soba fries and peanut sauce are unreal – imagine peanut butter especially designed for fries. It’s also two for one on all main meals from 12-5pm every weekday with a valid student ID so there isn’t any excuse not to take your group of friends and try it out.

Zizzi’s – 8 Cresswell Ln

Vegan pizza. Need I say anymore? Zizzi’s have now started offering a vegan menu which includes vegan garlic bread, pizza and pasta. Whilst the menu isn’t the biggest with only one pasta dish to choose from, their pizza really does make up for it. Perfectly crisp and cheesy, you can add any three toppings for only two pounds extra. There is also a thirty per cent off Unidays code if you go Sunday – Thursday.

Hillhead Bookclub – 17 Vinicombe St

Known for its good food and ping pong, us vegans are welcome at bookclub with open arms. Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner Bookclub have got our backs. For breakfast you have to try the chickpea pancakes – sounds strange but you can’t go wrong. The veggie haggis spring rolls from the dinner menu are also a winner and they do a variety of sides that are vegan only costing £12 for three.

Pret à Manger – Byres Road

The newest addition to Byres Road is bursting with vegan goodness for everyone to enjoy. With a great range of easy sit-in or takeaway vegan lunches from sandwiches to salads. They also serve a vegan breakfast option which is great to grab before a 9am lecture and you can ask for soy milk in your coffee for no extra charge. Most of their snacks are vegan too such as the chocolate coconut bites and crisps so you cant go wrong.

Pickled Ginger – Finnieston

Sushi lovers listen up. Pickled ginger is the go to place for argubly some of the best sushi in Glasgow and us vegans can enjoy it to. With the vast majority of there vegetarian options which are also vegan, they are more than happy to make any altercations to your dish if you ask. With a super tasty tofu nigiri and the ability to add avocados to pretty much anything we do love Pickled Ginger.