Have a cup of tea with a refugee at Glasgow Night Shelter this Saturday

Chat to asylum seekers over tea and cake at Anderson Kelvingrove Parish Church, Argyle Street

On Saturday 21st January at 7pm, Glasgow Night Shelter at Anderson Kelvingrove Parish Church, Argyle Street are hosting a tea and cake evening to bring the local community together with asylum seekers.

The event has been set up to help people understand what it means to be an asylum seeker and give them an insight to the conditions they face in our city.

In an environment where xenophobia is increasing, organisers hope that the event will show that we can all still unite despite our differences.

he event is non-profit therefore any donations are welcomed to the continuation of the Night Shelter. Organisers ask to bring biscuits and cake with you to accompany your tea and to ultimately enjoy the evening.

If you wish to bring items with you then it is advised that donations of new thermal underwear, socks, t-shirts, boxer shorts or good quality warm coats, hats, scarves or gloves. Accepted food items include tinned kidney beans, butter beans, chickpeas, sweetcorn or tuna.