Key scenes in the new Avengers movie will be filmed in Glasgow

The movie will also be shot in Edinburgh and the Highlands

Hide Images

It’s good news for Marvel fans in Scotland as it’s been announced that the new Avengers film will be shot in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Highlands.

This means that the star-studded Hollywood cast for Avengers: Infinity War will be flying over to Scotland at the end of February to shoot the blockbuster.

Actors and actresses include Robert Downey Jr, Samuel L Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and Scotland’s very own Karen Gillan.

The shooting of the Disney and Marvel movie, to be released in May 2018, is expected to be brilliant news for the Scottish economy, boosting it by £10million which dwarves the £3.3million generated by Brad Pitt movie World War Z.

An industry insider told the Scottish Sunday Mail exclusively: “Disney have been keeping everything top secret, but executives have been scouting locations across Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Highlands.

“Filming is expected to start on February 28 and is expected to take around six months. It’s incredibly exciting and it’s going to be a fun year for star-spotters.”

Scottish Labour Culture spokesman said: “The fact such a successful franchise will be filmed in Scotland will excite the fans but also provide a welcome boost to the economy.

“I hope the producers take advantage of the skills people in Scotland have to offer, so as many local people as possible can find work and Scotland’s fantastic creative community can go from strength to strength.”

This will be the third Avengers film so far and is one of the most anticipated movies of 2018. The previous two films combined generated a whopping £3billion at the box office.

Bars and restaurants in Glasgow and Edinburgh are expected to be brimming with star-spotters in the coming months. Who knows if you’ll bump into your favourite actor or actress in your local caff?