What it will be like inside the coolest student accommodation in Glasgow

The landlords even host parties for residents

If you think student accommodation is boring, think again.

The first things that spring to mind are a smallish, badly-furnished room, a dull kitchen which hardly makes you want to be the next Jamie Oliver, and a cramped lounge – if you’re lucky. Not to mention the constant, passive-aggressive email fights with your landlord who you’ve probably never even met.

What if we told you there will be student digs opening in Glasgow which have a cinema, a state-of-the-art gym, a chill-out zone and – wait for it – a slide which extends from the first floor to the reception?

There’ll be an Amsterdam-style sculpture outside

Think we’re lying? Take a look at these massive open-plan halls which are going to be opening on Kelvinhaugh Street, in the hipster Finnieston area of Glasgow, in September next year.

Wow

As well as the Google slide, there’s going to be a cinema room which will show everything from live sports to movies; a gym with personal trainers who can develop tailored nutrition plans for guests, along with a range of exercise classes; a five-a-side astro pitch; table football; a chill-out festival zone which includes a little caravan where guests can zone out and plug their music in; and a giant hammock-like cargo-net guests can literally hang in.

So chill

The slide

A gym that actually makes you want to work out

Who needs Cineworld

There will also be a library – a dedicated workspace with Apple Macs and free printing meaning guests’ treks to the library in the Glaswegian rain will be over. Next, there’s a state-of-the-art café, ensuring that a student’s every need is catered for.

Imagine having breakfast here

Promise we’ll do our work now

There’s the option of a shared apartment which has six rooms with ensuites or club suite rooms, which come with their own kitchen and that little bit extra privacy. Every room is built to a Hilton hotel standard and all the extras are included in the price, which starts at £150 per week (and that includes bills, too.)

You just know that bed has a memory foam mattress

The accommodation will be available to students from every institution in Glasgow – Glasgow Uni, Glasgow Caley, Strathclyde and the School of Art. It’s available for foundation students, undergrads and  postgrads.

Rainforest shower, anti-steam mirror and thermostat included, obv

Behind the innovation is accommodation brand true (the real university experience) who may also be the coolest landlords ever.

The Tab Glasgow met up with Sal Sinawi, Brand Manager for true, who told us the landlords at Kelvinhaugh will be hosting a variety of parties for tenants throughout the uni semesters – welcome parties; summer parties; pizza and beer nights; halloween parties. They’ll even be playing beer pong and taking residents on nights out like in Newcastle. Their aim is to promote “effortless socialising”.

Looks effortless to us

Sal said: “We want to rock Glasgow and make some noise. We want people to think about the accommodation and true before the price – to really want to live there. Our aim is to become part of Glasgow.

“We want to blow it out of the water.”

It seems true have already started making some noise, after hosting their exclusive launch party at their show flat on Byres Road to hint at what is in store for future guests.

The show flat has a replica room potential guests can view, as well as virtual reality headsets showing them exactly what is planned for Kelvinhaugh.

They’ll also soon be hosting a “twelve days of christmas” campaign where insane prizes can be won.

true plan to expand to ten sites in the UK in the next three years, following the success of their Newcastle site. Interactive rooms can be viewed online.

Click here for true‘s Facebook page.