Where to eat in Glasgow every day of the week

Where the food is, I shall be too

I don’t know about you, but I love food.

Whatever you want to call it – brunch, brinner or a midnight snack – I’m obsessed. I’ll always be caught with food in hand at any time of day.

And where better than to practise my obsession than the food-rife city of Glasgow?

I know some of the best places to eat here on a student budget. So whether you’re hungover from a mad one in Viper, or struggling to get through the university week, here are the best places to eat day-by-day.

Monday: The Crafty Pig

We all hate Mondays. They’re drab, dull and the typical Glaswegian weather doesn’t help the matter. Pulling yourself from your sleepy slumber always seems a little hard to muster. But do not fear, Mondays need not be the same train wreck they usually are with The Crafty Pig’s student deal.

£5 burger (or hotdog) and £1 sweet potato fries is my idea of heaven. The best part? The deal’s available all week.

Also, their milkshakes are to die for.

Tuesday: TriBeCa

Holy… Just wow

TriBeCa is a student’s haven especially on Tuesdays when the entire menu is fifty percent off. The “Dirty Dog” is a must-try for all meat lovers. Pulled pork, hot dog and bacon all rolled in to one is a great start in beating the winter blues. Tuesdays will never be the same again.

Wednesday: Wetherspoons 

You can’t go wrong with “Chicken Wednesdays”. Cheap, tasty and reliable, it’s definitely much better than the typical “cheeky Nando’s”.

It will always hold a special place in my heart.

Thursday: Café Andaluz

It’s near the pretty Ashton Lane. Bonus

Café Andaluz is a Spanish tapas restaurant just off Byres Road. Its authentic interior and speciality cooking is a must for any Glasgow student who’s missing the summer sun.

The highlight of Café Andaluz is their three tapas dishes for £10 deal which runs everyday before 6pm.

Friday: Blue Lagoon

This is how a Friday night should end

Would your week’s eating out even be complete if a takeaway wasn’t included somewhere?

We all know Fridays are reserved for the miracle that is Blue Lagoon. More of a greasy, drunken eat, Blue Lagoon is a home away from home when you stumble on to Sauchiehall Street at 3am with alcohol-induced greediness.

You can’t go wrong with a good battered sausage and cheesy chips.

Saturday: Cottonrake Bakery

To satisfy those hungover cravings, Cottonrake Bakery just on Great Western Road is the place to be. Their freshly cooked lunches are ideal when you need to recover memories of the night before. Grab a sandwich, brownie and a healthy-sized coffee and your hangover should ease.

It will come as no surprise that this is the ultimate West End hangover cure, so be sure to get there around midday as stocks go down fast.

Sunday: Flat meal

Flat meal goals

If you’re a little delicate or sluggish after a heavy week then I suggest these simple steps: pick your favourite flatmate, send them a list of shopping demands and stay in bed until they come home and make you dinner. And voila – food is served!

For less lazy people, why not chip in on a flat fajita or nacho night.

What’re you waiting for? First stop, Crafty Pig.