What to wear to every club in Exeter

Try not to get the dress code wrong, yeah?

What to wear is an age old dilemma that we all face. You don’t want to be too dressed up but then, equally, being under dressed is potentially the most uncomfortable thing.

Fear not, we’ve got you covered…

Timepiece:

Definitely smart casual. You don’t know if you will end up spending the whole night chatting outside with friends, by the bar downstairs or being gawped at in Top Top.

Think skinny black jeans, a crop top, and flats. If you’re feeling really fruity, opt for a skirt. Avoid wearing nice shoes if you’re going to brave Top Top. Trust us, they’ll get wrecked.

Whatever happens, don’t get too dressed up.

Footnote: if you’re going to TP on a Wednesday, check your sport’s facebook event and dig out your fancy dress.

Unit 1:

Similar etiquette to Timepiece, however in Unit 1 you can get away with wearing something  a little bit more special. Key phrase there: a LITTLE bit more special. That means chuck on your heeled boots, some brighter lipstick and a necklace.

Unit 1 is the home to Itchy Feet and the classic Cheesy’s so, don’t hold back. Everyone knows a bow tie looks fabulous with a VK, right?

Cavern:

This is where your wavy garms can come out in all their glory.

Put that glitter on and wear that bright shirt from the vintage shop. Sparkly tops, trainers, bunches in the hair – this is a little corner of Exeter where a very different vibe is displayed.

Som grab that metallic skirt out of the cupboard and your halterneck tops and get ready to have a great night!

Mosaic:

Normally a very different standard of people. This is the place for the classier look perhaps, red lipstick, an off the shoulder top and a tight skirt. Monday Mos you definitely know you will see some guy in a blazer, however it is still a great night. You can definitely go full out on the make up and even treat yourself to a new tight fitted dress if you like.

Alternatively, stick to what you know and whack on a cropped top. Teamed with wavy locks, jeans, and a plaid shirt tied nonchalantly around the waist, aim for the laid back vibe. You’ll look effortlessly cool and you’ll be ridiculously comfortable.

Move (Cellardoor):

With a bass and garage vibe, this definitely is more of your grime scene.

Avoid cute dresses and anything your grandma would describe as ‘pretty’. Baggy sweatshirts and a skirt with trainers, or a crop top with some high waisted jeans will do for this underground club. You can guarantee no one will be wearing heels in here.

You’re allowed to mix it up a little here. Even if you look a little ‘out there’, nobody will notice because the condensation from the ceiling will be blurring their vision anyway.

The Lemmy 

Anything that’s clean, hun, anything that’s clean.

So no, Exeter is not Essex but there is definitely a dress code for every club. Try not to get it wrong.