Bralettes aren’t cool anymore: Trends you need to leave behind this summer

Put those bucket hats and £80 mom jeans away

Some looks may have served you well in the past, but everything has it’s sell by date – and these are undoubtedly well overdue.

As summer approaches it is definitely time to put some trends behind us and edit that wardrobe. Though fashion is all about expressing personal style, these questionable looks need to be erased and hopefully never reinvented.

Co-ords

Now is the time to say farewell to the short-lived trend of the co-ords -otherwise known to most people as co-ordinates. Though you may think this look is cute you are very much mistaken.

Instead it looks like you couldn’t decide whether you preferred the top or the shorts, so you purchased both and insist on wearing them together.

Festival Fever

Though summer is fast approaching festival fashion should be purely saved for festivals. Since when have flower crowns and distressed short shorts been classed as everyday clothing?

You are not at Coachella. Along with this sad departure goes the passing of the kimono and the novelty anorak.

Bralettes

Whoever views underwear as acceptable outwear needs to reassess their views. A club is not a beach so your midriff is not going to tan and anytime you spend outside will result in you freezing to death. So why do girls insist on following this trend?

Not only does this look do nothing for people’s body image, it has become generic for those too unimaginative to find a new style.

Charity shop chic

A chunky knit may be necessary in the cold winter months but the Granny Cardigan is a trend to avoid. This particular look has been included in this fashion obituary as many people mistake this look as vintage.

This also marks the perishing of questionable colour combinations, resembling someone who dressed in the dark rather than fashion to follow.

Mom jeans

The mom jean has served society well drifting in and out as a key trend multiple times allowing people to feel slightly cooler in their ordinary lives.

But who can seriously think these look good on anybody? The relaxed and laid back style is frankly unflattering. They didn’t look good in the 90’s and they certainly don’t look any better now.

Bucket hats

This novelty may have seemed amusing last year on the festival scene but it is now being taken too seriously. As an item originally designed to keep the heat off one’s head, the amount of people sporting this fashion faux pas as a trend has worryingly increased.