What’s in your Wardrobe: Sophie Ritchie

One of The Tab Exeter’s Fashion Editors, Sophie Ritchie, gives you a glimpse inside her wardrobe.

| UPDATED Exeter fashion the tab the tab exeter what's in your wardrobe

What’s in my wardrobe? Clothes, surprisingly enough. A LOT of clothes. Come delve into the mix of patterns, impulse buys and statement pieces.

Vibrant Colours

There’s a lot of bold colour and prints in my closet, which make for interesting combinations.

Sequinned Tops

Detailed clothing is great for a night out. I love sequinned tops, like this gold vest from Topshop.

Combining it with a plain pair of shorts can turn a simple look into the perfect outfit for a night out.

High-waisted skirts

High waisted skirts are another one of my favourites. These are great for warmer campus days (when the weather isn’t being foul).

Camisoles

Simple camisoles are perfect for Spring, and easy to put together for evening outfits!

Sturdy Boots

Living in Exeter normally means walking through a sea of puddle-filled pavements. I have a shoe rack filled with Doc Martens and other kinds of boots for these matters. Plus, Doc Martens are comfortable, so they won’t leave your feet hurting after a  long day on campus.

Blazers

Blazers are every girl’s best friend. They smarten up an outfit and can make anything look classy.

Even better, they pair with pretty much anything.

Good, Old Black

I love black clothing. It’s versatile, elegant and easy to wear.

My wardrobe is somewhat like a walking advert for the show, American Horror Story.

Finally, here are three of my favourite looks:

1. Tartan Print

I paired this Topshop tartan shirt with a bronze eagle statement necklace. (Also from Topshop).

I then added simple black tights, vintage brown leather boots and a Miss Selfridge faux leather skirt. Then, I finished off the look with my favourite black leather Zara tote.

2.  An Evening Occasion

When it comes to clubbing and going out in Exeter, we tend to dress more in Converse than heels. So, when there’s a ball or an extra important occasion, it’s nice to dress up.

I love this black Topshop dress, and its bejewelled shoulder and sleeve detailing. I paired the dress with an old necklace and a New Look clutch my sister gave me for my birthday.

3. Simple Style

I like to keep my clothes comfortable, especially if I’m stuck on campus studying all day. I paired this Urban Outfitters top with a pair of high waisted Zara jeans, black Doc Martens and a mock-croc Urban Outfitters satchel.