Fashion in the Forum

Tab Fashion reveals its latest search for student style

fashion fashion in the forum Style the tab the tab exeter

Chloe

Chloe and her monochrome style.

Chloe and her monochrome style

The outfit

With her black M&S floral jacket, spotted Next leggings and Urban Outfitters tee, we think the combination of black tones and bold patterns compliment each other perfectly.

Chloe’s teamed this combination up with a vintage necklace and a pair of simple white converse: ideal for a chilled, laid-back look.

Favourite places to shop?

River Island, Topshop and Urban Outfitters.

Style inspirations?

Chloe loves Olivia Palermo’s chic style, as well as scouting out online fashion blogs.

Cornelia

Burberry Chic: Cornelia’s campus attire

The outfit

Cornelia’s outfit is simple but effortlessly chic.

Her patterned Burberry scarf pairs well with her caramel coloured coat from Jack Wills.

She’s teamed this with a pair of black Topshop jeans and simple black leather Clark boots, which keep the colour scheme neutral and Cornelia’s look casual.

Favourite places to shop?

Topshop and Jack Wills.

Style inspirations?

Emma Hill, an online fashion blogger.

Sean

The outfit

Sean, a half-Greek, half-Austrian student, is wearing a smart casual campus look.

With both his coat and scarf being tailor-made from Italian designers, he’s paired this sleek combo with a Commander jumper, and a pair of classic Levi jeans.

He’s finished off the look with a Superdry bag, which brightens up the outfit with its splash of statement orange slogan.

Favourite places to shop?

Sean enjoys shopping at Greek stores back home, and Jack Wills whilst he studies in Exeter.

Style inspirations?

Michael Fassbender.

Amy

Amy and her beautiful Zara coat.

The outfit

We think Amy has the perfect chilled back style.

With her grey, sheepskin collared coat from Zara and Topshop jeans, she’s created a warm, yet stylish outfit.

Perfect for the colder weather of January, we love the layering of Amy’s H&M jumper and Topshop shirt.

The black tailoring of her coat teams well with her dark jeans, and she’s carried off the look with a simple Topshop necklace and Schuh boots.

Style inspirations?

Lucy Watson from MIC.

Favourite places to shop?

Topshop and Zara.

Ned

Ned’s classic campus style

The outfit

Ned is wearing a vintage striped scarf, which he’s teamed with a colour-complimenting grey jumper, from Primark.

He’s paired the jumper with a simple combo of navy Topman jeans and black converse shoes: an ideal casual look for guys.

What we love most about Ned’s outfit is his unique leather satchel, which he picked up at a market stall back home.

His trio of leather bracelets complete the look, adding a dash of individual style to an otherwise simple outfit.

Favourite places to shop?

Next and H&M.

Style inspirations?

James Mcavoy – plus anyone with polished but casual style.

Becky

Cute but comfy: Becky’s campus look.

The outfit

Becky’s outfit is adorable, whilst still perfect for a laid back campus look.

We love her patterned Topshop snood, which teams well with her simple white top (vintage) and floral Topshop skirt.

She’s layered this with a navy Zara coat (her January sale steal) and a pair of black Schuh boots.

Favourite places to shop?

Becky loves shopping at Urban Outfitters – although her student loan may feel otherwise…!

Style inspirations?

Online stores, like Topshop and River Island, that offer style advice to customers.

Frankie

Frankie and her statement coat

The outfit

Trendy but simple, we adore Frankie’s Topshop leapord print coat, which is bang-on trend with its animal print patterns.

She’s teamed this statement coat with a simple black River Island bag, H&M jumper and black River Island boots.

The plain colours of the rest of her outfit prevent the look from clashing with the heavy pattern of the coat: a perfect combo.

Favourite places to shop?

Forever 21 and River Island – especially for her bags!

Samuel

Simple style: Samuel’s campus attire

The outfit

Samuel’s outfit has the perfect laid-back vibe.

He’s teamed his light brown Primark jacket with a grey statement tee, and carried off these neutral tones with a pair of vintage maroon trousers and black trainers.

Samuel loves Adidas and Jordan brands, as he likes his style to be comfortable and casual.

Style inspirations?

Lil’ Wayne.

Tom

Preppy chic: Tom’s campus look.

The outfit

With his vibrant red T.K Maxx jacket and striped Zara tee, Tom’s style is bright but well put together.

He’s paired this with a brown leather satchel from River Island, and a pair of ASOS sunglasses (even though it is January).

Tom carries off this laid-back look with a pair of dark brown Zara lace-up shoes.

This outfit is perfect for keeping warm, yet stylish, in the temperamental winter weather.

Favourite places to shop?

Definitely Zara.

Style inspirations?

David Gandy and George Armani.