The EUCPSC Sex in the Country Ball: The best dressed

Good shot old chap

More ambitious than Louis XIV plans for Versailles, more disgraceful than Prince Harry’s trip to Vegas, and more glamorous than Fergie’s classic, the Edinburgh University Clay Pigeon Shooting Club (EUCPSC) committee pulled out all the stops for the ten year anniversary competition and ball.

The shooting clubs of Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle, St Andrews, Oxford Brookes, Durham, and our pals at Aberdream gathered for a day of top class shooting, where contributions to Lookatmyf**kingredtrousers.blogspot.com were in high supply.

But the country’s best shots soon moved onto shots at the ‘Sex in the Country’ Ball, held at the definitely-too-nice-for-students 5* Prestonfield House – one of the top 101 hotels in the world according to Tatler, who also graced the club with their presence in the form of BNOC photographer Zygmunt von Sikorski-Mazur.

The infamous charity raffle in aid of Help for Heroes provided jubilant winners with bottles of Edinburgh Gin, soon to be consumed in preparation for a boisterous ceilidh led by a band of old Maths professors, and later on a “cheese-tastic disco”, where dinner jackets were flung aside to showcase every variety of Beaufort and Blake shirt.

Most glamorous guests

Lexie, 1st year, History of Art

Carolin, PhD, Biomedicine and Efe, 5th Year, Mechanical Engineering with Management

Freek, alumnus

Naomi, 3rd Year, Philosophy & English Literature and Amy, 1st Year, Archaeology

Victoria, 4th Year, Linguistics

Ben, 1st Year, Psychology & Business

Hugo, 1st Year, Philosophy & Politics and Abi, 1st Year, Music

Chris, Engineering, 4th Year and Ewan, Accounting & Finance, 1st Year

Claire, 4th Year, Rural resource management and Bobi, 4th Year, Maths

Rebecca, 3rd Year, Politics

Best of the rest

Most glamorous guests (airborne category)

Best dressed siblings

Most helpful guest  

Best last minute attempt to bag a valentines date using a scarf