Shooting of new Avengers film to begin in Edinburgh next month

Better start adjusting your Tinder settings, Robert Downey Jr and ScarJo are coming to town

Hide Images

The producers of the new movie, ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ which is set to be released April 2018, have chosen Edinburgh as a filming location.

Shooting for the 400 million pound blockbuster is set to start at the end of next month, and will last for around six months.

Disney, the movie’s producer, has confirmed Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Chris Pratt as Star-Lord, along with Jeremy Renner, Samuel L Jackson, and Benedict Cumberbatch who are also confirmed to make appearances.

This news means you could soon start casually running into A-listers such as Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr, and Chris Evans – something that would make the walk to your 9ams a thing to look forward to.

Edinburgh based film critic, Stephen Carty, told Edinburgh Evening News that even if you’re not a Marvel fan “Avengers: Infinity War is going to be a massive film, and it will give a huge boost to the local economy.”

Edinburgh has a long history as a filming location, with films such as Chariots of Fire, One Day, and more recently, Trainspotting 2, all using the city.

A BBC Three drama, Clique, based on an elite society at Edinburgh University, is also set to be released later this year.