Panda Watch: fourth time lucky for Edinburgh’s Panda?

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Facebook Twitter

Edinburgh's Pandas take the scientific route in hopes of a baby panda.

Tian Tian, Edinburgh’s famous Giant Panda, was artificially inseminated on Sunday. The process came after she failed to mate with male partner Yang Guang.

Intimacy troubles have proved a constant barrier in the face of Tian Tian’s desired pregnancy and the Zoo is hoping that despite not getting it on with Yang Guang, that with the help of his sperm she will be fourth time lucky.

Oh, so cute!

Panda specialists are feeling hopeful this year as both pandas have been showing positive breeding signs. The two pandas recovered quickly from the procedure, with Yang Guang popping off for some honey and bamboo afterwards. Classic case of a greedy Panda.

panda loses baby

Nom, nom, nom.

The only issue is that we won’t actually know if Tian Tian is pregnant until she gives birth. This is due to pseudo pregnancies and delayed implantation, so if she is knocked up it’ll be like a Panda special of I didn’t know I was pregnant.

However, there is growing concern that procedures such as this are both unhelpful and unnecessary. Organisations such as Animal Concern believe that artificial insemination will result in a species of panda that live in the wild requiring a team of specialists to follow them around China with buckets of frozen sperm.

panda cub

Yes please!

Regardless, our fingers are crossed for a cute baby Panda to be on the way.  After all, there is plenty more space on the internet for videos of baby pandas sneezing.

Facebook Twitter
  • dfdf

Knee deep, weekold, crusty shanter.

• Redditor

Well, she made it to Reddit. Not in a good way though – /r/whitepeoplegifsnn

• Exeter Dog

She looks like an uglier version of the teacher from 21 jump street

• Bruno Mars Bar

She looks like a young Janet Street-Porter.

• Percy Gee

A close runner up to Nathan Woodcock’s Ali G impersonation back during the 2011 elections.

• Dan katanchian

Where were the blokes?

• .

There’s a fine line between genius and horrendous. This is nowhere near that line as it’s one of the worse videos ever made.

Heard something on campus?

By , Tab reporter on

BBC shut down campus to film new police drama

And it wasn’t for an Irvine Welsh adaptation

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Which dirty banger gets you gassed every time?

House every weekend

By , Tab reporter on

What happened to Edinburgh whip?

Who’d have thought a 24-hour whipped cream business wasn’t stable

By , Features Editor on

Best person on Facebook this week

Netflix and chill is DEAD

By ,         on

VOTE: Who was the best dressed this week?

These people are killing it

By , Durham Editor of The Tab on

Durham Linguists are feckless posers who don’t know the meaning of a real degree

‘Ou est la gare?’

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Best clubbers of the week

You drink, we judge

By ,         on

Third years who found their housemate dead in his room are now being sued for unpaid rent

They were too traumatised to return