Panda Watch: fourth time lucky for Edinburgh’s Panda?

By on

Edinburgh's Pandas take the scientific route in hopes of a baby panda.

Tian Tian, Edinburgh’s famous Giant Panda, was artificially inseminated on Sunday. The process came after she failed to mate with male partner Yang Guang.

Intimacy troubles have proved a constant barrier in the face of Tian Tian’s desired pregnancy and the Zoo is hoping that despite not getting it on with Yang Guang, that with the help of his sperm she will be fourth time lucky.

Oh, so cute!

Panda specialists are feeling hopeful this year as both pandas have been showing positive breeding signs. The two pandas recovered quickly from the procedure, with Yang Guang popping off for some honey and bamboo afterwards. Classic case of a greedy Panda.

panda loses baby

Nom, nom, nom.

The only issue is that we won’t actually know if Tian Tian is pregnant until she gives birth. This is due to pseudo pregnancies and delayed implantation, so if she is knocked up it’ll be like a Panda special of I didn’t know I was pregnant.

However, there is growing concern that procedures such as this are both unhelpful and unnecessary. Organisations such as Animal Concern believe that artificial insemination will result in a species of panda that live in the wild requiring a team of specialists to follow them around China with buckets of frozen sperm.

panda cub

Yes please!

Regardless, our fingers are crossed for a cute baby Panda to be on the way.  After all, there is plenty more space on the internet for videos of baby pandas sneezing.

• dfdf

Knee deep, weekold, crusty shanter.

• Redditor

Well, she made it to Reddit. Not in a good way though – /r/whitepeoplegifsnn

• Exeter Dog

She looks like an uglier version of the teacher from 21 jump street

• Bruno Mars Bar

She looks like a young Janet Street-Porter.

• Percy Gee

A close runner up to Nathan Woodcock’s Ali G impersonation back during the 2011 elections.

• Dan katanchian

Where were the blokes?

• .

There’s a fine line between genius and horrendous. This is nowhere near that line as it’s one of the worse videos ever made.

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

The trials and tribulations of the Beaverbanker

And you thought Grant House was bad

By , Edinburgh Editor of The Tab on

Edinburgh’s fittest freshers: The winners

Certified bufftings

By , Argument Editor, The Tab Edinburgh on

There’s an assault almost every fortnight in the Meadows

The past five years have seen 12 sexual offences

By , Chief Reporter on

Confessions: What was your worst Tinder date?

‘He told me he had slept with my ex a few weeks earlier so it was literally a date from hell’

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s more important: Face or body?

Pretty face, average bod > average face, fit bod

By and on

What is the best all-girls school in the country?

‘Millie can I borrow a tampon?’

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life