EUSA Ban ‘Blurred Lines’ In Lad Culture Clampdown

No. 1 causing feminist stir has been banned from being played in all EUSA buildings.

banned blurred lines Edinburgh exclusive lad culture robin thicke sexist

Follow all the Freshers’ week news and pictures with our Freshers Live Blog – click here.

Edinburgh’s Student Union has banned the song ‘Blurred Lines’ from playing in any of its student buildings.

The number one by Robin Thicke has caused huge controversy because of sexist lyrics including: “He don’t smack that ass and pull your hair like that” and “I’ll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two.”

And who said class was dead?

At the Silent Headphone Disco at Teviot on Sunday night, a DJ was told to fade out the song mid-way, despite the fact that the students were given the choice not to listen to the song by switching to another channel on the headphones.

This ban was placed in line with EUSA’s new clampdown on lad culture, issuing a policy to ‘End Rape Culture and Lad Banter on Campus.’ This plans to end “myths and sterotypes around sexual violence”.

The creepiest face we’ve seen in a while.

This ban also comes as a ‘Blurred Lines’ parody is also banned from YouTube. The Thicke hit (no pun intended) was reworked by three, law students from New Zealand, replacing topless women with hard-hitting feminism and renamed “Defined Lines.”

At the time of publishing EUSA were unavailable to comment.