EUSA Ban ‘Blurred Lines’ In Lad Culture Clampdown

No. 1 causing feminist stir has been banned from being played in all EUSA buildings.

Follow all the Freshers’ week news and pictures with our Freshers Live Blog – click here.

Edinburgh’s Student Union has banned the song ‘Blurred Lines’ from playing in any of its student buildings.

The number one by Robin Thicke has caused huge controversy because of sexist lyrics including: “He don’t smack that ass and pull your hair like that” and “I’ll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two.”

And who said class was dead?

And who said class was dead?

At the Silent Headphone Disco at Teviot on Sunday night, a DJ was told to fade out the song mid-way, despite the fact that the students were given the choice not to listen to the song by switching to another channel on the headphones.

This ban was placed in line with EUSA’s new clampdown on lad culture, issuing a policy to ‘End Rape Culture and Lad Banter on Campus.’ This plans to end “myths and sterotypes around sexual violence”.

The creepiest face we've seen in a while.

The creepiest face we’ve seen in a while.

This ban also comes as a ‘Blurred Lines’ parody is also banned from YouTube. The Thicke hit (no pun intended) was reworked by three, law students from New Zealand, replacing topless women with hard-hitting feminism and renamed “Defined Lines.”

At the time of publishing EUSA were unavailable to comment.

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Edinburgh Editor of The Tab

Edinburgh University wants you to vote to stay in the EU

A vote to leave could put foreign students in an uncertain position

, Edinburgh News Editor of The Tab

We went back and looked at Edinburgh 2015/16 fresher pages

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

, Edinburgh News Editor of The Tab

Edinburgh sort your apocalyptic weather out

Even for Scotland, snow in May is a bit much

Test how appalling your knowledge of British geography is

Who really knows their Runcorn from their Rutland?

Oxford Ntokozo Qwabe is a discredit to the Rhodes Must Fall movement

Making a waitress cry is not ‘something black and wonderful’

, Chief Reporter

There’s a petition for the Rhodes Must Fall leader to have his scholarship revoked

It already has more than 27,000 signatures

, National Editor

‘I tore up the rose she’d sent’: The secret stories from your most awkward break-ups

Confessions of relationships that went wrong

How much money do you owe your parents right now?

We asked people how in debt they are to the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’