EUSA Ban ‘Blurred Lines’ In Lad Culture Clampdown

No. 1 causing feminist stir has been banned from being played in all EUSA buildings.

Follow all the Freshers’ week news and pictures with our Freshers Live Blog – click here.

Edinburgh’s Student Union has banned the song ‘Blurred Lines’ from playing in any of its student buildings.

The number one by Robin Thicke has caused huge controversy because of sexist lyrics including: “He don’t smack that ass and pull your hair like that” and “I’ll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two.”

And who said class was dead?

And who said class was dead?

At the Silent Headphone Disco at Teviot on Sunday night, a DJ was told to fade out the song mid-way, despite the fact that the students were given the choice not to listen to the song by switching to another channel on the headphones.

This ban was placed in line with EUSA’s new clampdown on lad culture, issuing a policy to ‘End Rape Culture and Lad Banter on Campus.’ This plans to end “myths and sterotypes around sexual violence”.

The creepiest face we've seen in a while.

The creepiest face we’ve seen in a while.

This ban also comes as a ‘Blurred Lines’ parody is also banned from YouTube. The Thicke hit (no pun intended) was reworked by three, law students from New Zealand, replacing topless women with hard-hitting feminism and renamed “Defined Lines.”

At the time of publishing EUSA were unavailable to comment.

Heard something newsworthy?

Classical music will solve all your problems

Beethoven’s ‘Moonlight Sonata’ is a banger

, News Editor, The Tab Edinburgh

The University has issued over 80 drug warnings to freshers in the last two years

Stop dealing in Pollock

, Edinburgh Editor of The Tab

Things you’ll only get if you grew up in the countryside

Grass > concrete

Tim Peake’s supporting the England rugby team from space

He says Murrayfield is a ‘more hostile environment’ than where he is

#RIPTwitter

The site is changing your timeline and people are livid

, Contributing Editor

Don’t use the Six Nations as an excuse to slag off Plastic Celts

We can’t help who we are

, Deputy Editor

There is nothing men fear more than getting a haircut

‘Do you want the back square or natural?’

, Chief Reporter

If Notting Hill were remade today, where would it be set?

Dalston? Clapham? What about Brixton?