How fucked am I?

By , US Editor on

Struggling away in the library? Twiddling your thumbs because you're finished? Afraid of the future and all it holds? The Tab, yet again, are here to help.

With our degree calculator, you can enter all of your marks from each year so far and then work out what you need in your remaining assignments to get that coveted 2.1. (Because firsts are for nerds.) It looks a bit village, but it works.

Note: This calculator was designed for English unis. You can still use it – put your final two years in the boxes for second and third years.

how to use calc

Some useful breakdowns

10% of a 15 credit module – 1.5 credits.
15% – 2.25 credits.
20% – 3 credits.
25% – 3.75 credits.
30% – 4.5 credits.
35% – 5.25 credits.
40% – 6 credits.
45% – 6.75 credits.
50% – 7.5 credits.
60% – 9 credits.
70% – 10.5 credits.
80% – 12 credits.
90% – 13.5 credits.

To work out the equivalent percentage for a 30 credit module…double the number of credits for the 15 credit module (who said GCSE Maths wouldn’t come in handy?)

• Concerned.

Just FYI, copying content from other Tabs doesn’t really work when Edinburgh students do four year degrees.

• The Tab

Oops – good point. You can still use the calculator though.

• Nice try

Bit of fun, but it’s much quicker just to copy and paste your transcript into Excel and do the sums yourself – I am sure even students of the Arts are capable of this. BAZINGA! (coming from an MEng student which in Edinburgh btw is 5 years, and there aren’t enough rows for our 3rd year which comprised 12 x 10 credit courses)

• Anonymous

what an amazingly boring comment

• Bibi

This isn’t as irrelevant as ‘some organisation in Germany’; this is a living reality for the descendents of 6,000,000 people who were marched to their deaths under that symbol. The fact you can’t understand why that’s hurtful for so many people says more about you than it does them.

Heard something newsworthy?

By , Edinburgh Vox Pop Editor of The Tab on

Big Cheese is a spiritual experience

The world’s greatest

By , Edinburgh News Editor of The Tab on

Uni to offer postgrad scholarships to refugees…but only if they got a First

They have to be of Syrian nationality

By on

Meet Edinburgh’s fiercest drag queens

There’s a reason the pink triangle is popping off every night

By , Contributing Editor on

When did Instagram become an excuse to look at soft porn

Answer: as soon as you downloaded it

By , Chief Reporter on

We be burnin’: Meet the golden boys who tan

Lads trip to the sunbeds anyone?

By , Features Editor on

How to come out to your parents

‘My mum hung up on me when I told her I was gay and didn’t call back for 45 minutes’

By , Features Editor on

What club photographers really think of you

A lot of editing goes into that squad Facebook photo

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s the meanest thing anyone’s ever done to you?

Everything is funny when it happens to someone else