What’s on in Durham this week?

No its not your never ending trips to the library. Time to make some other plans!

Hide Images

Monday 6th March:

Date Night Chapter 1:

Get yourself down to the Boat Club at 7:30pm for the first episode of Date Night – what is set to be the new speed dating scene in Durham. Tickets are £2 each and go towards the charity ‘A Life for a Cure’.

You’ll each have 25 dates lasting 2 minutes each, lets see who swipes right for you! Get involved here.

Freak Out * The Acid Test x

Woah woah woah! Freak Out is back tonight at Wiff Waff with their usual two floor set up that boasts the best DJs in town, with Disco tunes downstairs and HipHop bangers upstairs.

Tonight they’ll be hosting the Official After Party for St. Mary’s College Fashion Show – which is in aid of MIND, the UK’s leading mental health charity. Get yourself down!

Check it out here.

Cheapskates!

Cheapskates is back again, giving the students what they want tonight – cheap entry for only £1 and also Jaegerbombs for £1 – kerching!!

The guys at Falafel Al Hana are set to be bringing down the grub to the club, whilst the DJ plays four hours of classic HipHop and RnB to hear all your club faves!

Join the hype here.

Tuesday 7th March:

DURCS vs Bath BUCS 1/4 Final

Lets show some support for the boys and get ourselves down for the game this Tuesday as the DURFC first fifteen are set to play the quarter final against Bath’s team at the Durham City Ground. Kick off is 6:30pm and it’ll be £2 on the door. Bleed Palatinate and get involved here!

Thorn: Deception // Bar 33 

Thorn brings you a night full of artistic talent with live music, photography and poetry readings on offer. Embrace your cultural side with a spectacular cocktail at Durham’s new speak easy cocktail spot, Bar 33. There are still some tickets left, get your hands on them here!

Wednesday 8th March:

DULAX Womens 1s Semis vs Cambridge

Lets support these girls at Maiden Castle on Wednesday for a 1pm start to see these ladies compete in their biggest match of the season as they take on the Cambridge 1s in the BUCS semi-final. Check it out here

SHACK UP!

Wednesday Night Loveshack is back with a bang as Shack Up is set to be the new night in town! After last week’s sell out event expect a quality night out.

With the Garden Terrace smoking area open again and 2 full rooms of music there’s space for everyone, so finish your Wednesday night – Shacking Up here.

Thursday 9th March:

DULOG’s Urinetown

DULOG present a weirdly named, yet I expect wonderful performance of Urinetown this week!

Running from Thursday the 9th until Saturday the 11th at the Assembly Rooms Theatre (just opposite Hatfield’s gates!) Student tickets are just £6.50 – buy them here!

Friday 10th March:

Jam City Feat. Krywald & Farrer

Calling all Jam Citizens! Jam City is back this Friday in Loft Nightclub to introduce Krywald & Farrer.

Expect to hear afrobeat, disco and jazz in their sets as they play a distinct take on warm organic house. Make sure to get there early guys, tickets are only OTD! Check it out here!

Saturday 11th March:

Defect Presents: Flava D

Get yourself down to Loft as Defect are back and are presenting Flava D! Who’s one of the biggest underground artists around at the moment.

Bringing you a night full of house, grime and UK garage. Get a ticket off one of the sellers here or a FIXR ticket online!

Sunday 12th March:

Oriental Museum’s Holi Festival 

Get yourself up the hill to Durham University’s pride and joy, the Oriental Museum, for some Holi festival fun!

The event will include timed powder throws, with a free environmentally and skin-kind powder sachet of brightly coloured Holi powder for each participant. What a way to spend your Sunday! See more here.