I always ask questions in lectures and I don’t care what you think

I don’t care if you hate me as long as they answer my question

We’ve all been there. Its five minutes to ten and you’re ready to get out of that lecture room and jump straight back into bed. You’ve learned nothing and the last thing you want to do is stay for a second longer.

Then it happens. Just as the lecturer is coming up to concluding, some legend decides put his hand up to ask a question which opens up a whole new level of understanding to your subject of choice.

You may not expect it but that person is me. I don’t care if you hate me. I don’t care if you think I’m a try hard. I’ve paid nine grand a year to be here, and I’ll be dammed if I’m not going to milk that cow for all the sweet sustenance it’s got.

University is not school. If you’re bored, just leave. The lecturer literally has no authority to stop you from you leaving. I can’t imagine teaching first years about an introduction to British politics is the most gripping hour of his day and he probably doesn’t want to be there either.

What’s the point of uni unless you’re going to engage in some level with the subject you’ve chosen to dedicate three years of your life to? The worst type of person is the one who manages to spend an entire year without uttering a single word in a seminar. Save your money and be a mute for free at home.

Regardless, if you don’t care about what I’m saying you don’t have to listen. Go on Facebook, tweet about me being annoying as hell or tut really loudly so I can hear. As long as I get my answer I really don’t care what you do.

Whether you agree with me or think I’m the scum of the earth, it doesn’t matter. I’m still going to put my hand up, ask my question and you’re going to have to sit there and bear it.