We asked you what the most useless Durham degree is

Just do Biology instead

We all secretly judge some of our friends for wasting their life on a meaningless degree. But which course is the most worthless of them all?

Sophie, 19, First Year, Castle, English Lit

“Sociology, because I don’t know what it is.”

Margherita, 18, First Year, Hatfield, Politics and Philosophy“Geography: the maps have already been drawn.”

Emily, 19, First Year, Van Mildert, Sociology“Combined Social Sciences, why can’t people just choose one subject and stick to it?”

Georgia, 18, First Year, Mary’s, Combined Social Sciences“Sport Science. My friend had to write a really simple essay. I mean really simple, it was like a GCSE essay.”

Wilfred, 18, First Year, Castle, Geography“Geography is a non-subject. You start off broadly and end up specializing in someone else’s subject. It’s shit. “

Ellie, 19, First Year, Mary’s, International Relations“Classics, because it’s dead.”

Jarl, 20, First Year, Cuth’s, Combined Social Sciences“Sociology. Just study Biology instead.”

Chiara, 19, First Year, Hatfield, PPE“Geography, they don’t even have that in Italy where I come from. “

Erin, 18, First Year, Cuth’s, French and Spanish“Who would ever do Theology?”

Dorian, 20 Second Year, Mary’s, Sciences“I feel like Anthropology always gets mistaken for Archeology, and it doesn’t require you to think because it’s all intuitive.”