Meet the new Durham fashion president and relive this year’s glory

Get ready to meet the new exec in charge of creating 2016’s biggest social event

noad

In less than 200 days it will be that glorious time of year when we once again get to attend Durham’s most fashionable event.

The fashion society have just appointed new presidents and creative directors – so we caught up with the outgoing boss and incoming team to find out what they have in store for us.

Going off with a bang

We spoke with last year’s president, third year psychologist Vilde Lien, who said: “This year’s show was a huge success and our goals of doubling the ticket sales, improve promo material, and make the event better than ever were achieved.

“Not to mention the huge amount raised for The Gap Project.”

With over £10,000 raised for the charity through ticket sales, raffle bids and events, last year’s show certainly lived up to its reputation. None of this would have been possible without the incredible exec responsible for putting together the fundraiser.

Last year’s brilliant exec

This year there has been a huge number of outstanding applications which Vilde believes will bode well for next year’s show.

The 21-year-old said: “I know the applications reached yet another level this year, so I’m confident that these creative and hardworking new members will create an amazing show for 2016.

“We are proud to hand the show over to Alicia and her new team, and look forward to seeing how they will develop the show further.”

Despite the impressive calibre of last year’s event, new President Alicia Newman and Vice Presidents/Creative Directors Bianca Morris and Anouchka Granon are not swayed by the daunting task.

Third year European Linguist Alicia said: “The bar has been set very high but we are looking forward to building on the success of last year.”

Congratulations to the new exec members, we can’t wait till February.

Until then, here’s a reminder of 2015’s best fashion pics.

Photography by Mike Dennison