Cardiff is the best uni in the UK for Dentistry AND Journalism

We smashed it

Cardiff is the best university in the UK for Journalism and Dentistry, according to the Guardian’s new league table.

Cardiff ranked a fairly average 27th place in the overall rankings, dropping one position from last years results.

But we have taken the top spot for both Journalism and Dentistry, as well as coming second for many other courses.

We bagged second position for Architecture, a very respectable third place for City and Regional Planning and Pharmacy, as well as scoring as the seventh best university for Media Studies – all softening the blow for missing out on a Top 25 spot.

On the other hand, we didn’t fair so well in subjects such as Politics which came a measly 47th, and even worse was English which only managed to rank 58th.

However all is not lost as we managed to maintain our ratings in remaining above our rivals UWIC in all common subject areas.

We also came out on top in beating all of our Welsh neigbours, with Swansea sitting at 52nd position, whilst Cardiff Met trail behind at 95th and The University of South Wales sits all the way down at 113th position.

The Guardian University guide is based on ratings of a variety of fields including Student satisfaction, average student spending, entry tariffs and career prospects for graduates.