Image may contain: Castle, Building, Architecture, Campus, College

Students from coronavirus-infected Wuhan visited Cambridge just this week

The students from Wuhan College went on a night out with the Jesus College Student Union

While Chinese authorities have imposed travel restrictions in an attempt to prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus which originated in Wuhan, a Tab Cambridge investigation has revealed that Jesus College hosted 15 students from Wuhan College from 13-22nd January 2020.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock today stated that there is an "increased likelihood" of cases being confirmed in the UK.

Wuhan was placed on lockdown this week, as have surrounding cities.

On their website, Jesus College said: "From 13-22 January 2020, Jesus College welcomed 15 visitors from Wuhan College, China, for an educational enrichment programme.

"The students experienced a range of lectures, talks and visits around the University of Cambridge, gaining insight into student life and British higher education."

British universities have this week warned students considering travelling home to China for Chinese new year that they may not be readmitted to the UK immediately.

The virus, which was first discovered in Wuhan and has now spread to every Chinese province, has killed 18 people in China, with 500 confirmed cases having been reported globally.

As of yet, there are no known cases in the UK, although Public Health England has said that 14 people in the UK have now been tested.

Suspected cases of coronavirus have already been reported in Lancaster University and Edinburgh University, with the universities being expected to release statements today.

Since this article was published, Jesus College has emailed its students saying: "You may be aware that the College recently played host to a group of visiting students from Wuhan College. I can reassure you that none of our visitors exhibited any symptoms of WNC during their time here."

Image may contain: Label, Letter, Document, Page, Text

The email sent to Jesus students this afternoon

Other Cambridge Colleges have today been emailing students a document with advice regarding the coronavirus.

Image may contain: Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Advertisement, Poster, Document, Text, Page

Guidance sent to Girton College students this afternoon

The Tab Cambridge has contacted Jesus College for comment.

Featured image: author's own