EXCLUSIVE: Boris Johnson was Trump Dossier Spy’s Opposite Number at the Oxford Union

The Foreign Secretary was Oxford Union President at the same time

Boris Johnson Cambridge Cambridge Union Society christopher steele Donald Trump Foreign Secretary MI6 Oxford russia spies Union

After it was today revealed that former President of the Cambridge Union Society, Christopher Steele, authored the controversial Trump dossier, The Tab can now reveal that Boris Johnson, Foreign Secretary, was President of the Oxford Union at the same time. 

Christopher Steele, former MI6 spy, is currently in hiding after being revealed as author of the controversial and ‘fake’ Trump dossier which revealed perverse relations with Russian prostitutes. Steele was based as a spy in Russia in the 1990s, and now runs an intelligence base in London.

Not impressed

MI6 reports to the Foreign Secretary, currently Boris Johnson. In Easter Term 1986 (known as Trinty term in Oxford), Johnson and Steele were both Presidents of the Oxford and Cambridge Union’s respectively.

Screenshot of the Wikipedia list of Presidents of the Cambridge Union

Screenshot of the Presidents of the Oxford Union page. Johnson was president in Trinity term – the same time as Easter Term in Cambridge

The Cambridge Union is no stranger to links to the shadowy world of intelligence, its chair of trustees until 2015 was Richard Dearlove, Head of MI6 or ‘C’ from 1997-2003. It was also recently reported that Dearlove, and other intelligence experts severed ties with a Cambridge seminar over alleged links to Russian funding.

The Tab has contacted the Cambridge and Oxford Union’s for comment, and will update this story with further information as it comes.