Jesus May Ball: Headliner REVEALED

JACK GARRATT will be headlining, joining the previously announced Coasts

bbc Cambridge Coasts headliner jack garrat jesus college jesus may ball May Week

British indie-pop singer-songwriter Jack Garratt have been announced to be headlining the ‘uninhabitable’ themed ball, joining the previously announced minor headliner, Coasts.

Garratt released his debut album, Phase, in February, which rocketed up to number 3 in the UK album charts. The album includes the hit single – originally released in 2014 ‘Worry’, which was playlisted on Radio 1. Trust me, if you’ve been to Life, you’ll know it.

Since then, Garratt has played the 2015 Apple music festival at the Roundhouse in Camden. He also supported Mumford and Sons on their 2015 tour. However, Garratt really gained popularity after winning the Critics Choice award at the 2016 Brit Awards. And now he’s in Jesus.

His electric beats will certainly be a crowd pleaser. These songs are almost impossible not to dance to.

Jesus May Ball co-presidents, Charlie Benson and Anthony Graff, are thrilled with securing such an exciting up and coming artist. “We are really excited to welcome Jack Garratt as our headliner for this year’s Jesus May Ball, which is set to be a spectacular night. Every year we try to secure new and exciting acts, and Jack’s unique music and early success is testament to this.”

Jesus May Ball has a knack for attracting up-and-coming artists who go on to become massive – take Two Door Cinema Club headlining in 2010 and James Bay headlining just last year for example. This is definitely not a May Ball to be missed. However, be warned, tickets have unfortunately sold out, so you’ll have to keep an eye open for any floating around.

The Tab will be announcing plenty more headliners in the coming weeks, so make sure to keep checking back for all the latest May week gossip