360 Promo Video ahead of Varsity Boxing

The 109th Varsity Boxing Match, held this year at Oxford Town Hall, is to feature a Women’s team fixture for the first time ever.

Former Cantab Alex Hardy is the Founder of VsportR, a platform for immersive sports content experiences. The start-up has just released an exciting 360 Promo Video for the Varsity Match.

Give it a watch.

Credit: VsportR

The President of CUABC, Billy Fitton, was impressed by the video, commenting: “A big shout out to Alex Handy. We’re really trying to promote both the Club and the sport. The sport itself is very fashionable at the moment – it’s getting rid of all its stereotypes.”

In interview with The Tab, The President added: “We hope to build on our Town vs Gown success, but people should remember that the Varsity Match is a very different sort of fixture in that it’s directly a team against a team. We’re a very strong team but the problem is [that Oxford will have] home advantage.”

“If you’ve got a [home] crowd going each time one person [is hit] it’s much harder”, he continued. “We’re really fortunate to be taking a large group of supporters down, otherwise any 50-50 usually goes the home team’s way.” The Light Blues will be hoping they can make it two Varsity victories on the bounce.

This fixture is notable as being the first to feature a Women’s team. Amongst those to watch out for are Sahrah Hogan who was ‘Gown Boxer of the Night’ after defeating Essex University ABC’s Kelli Noorlind at Town vs Gown. ‘The Hulk’ thinks that “CUABC are pumped, fit and hungry for the win”.

Hogan adds: “I am honoured to be part of the first Women’s Varsity team. It will be an absolute pleasure to box Oxford and I hope we are the first of many female teams to come!”. Keep an eye out too for crowd favourite Ope Odueye.

Perhaps the best advice for CUABC came from Jamil Sha-Foridi: “Stick to your game plan. Don’t get over excited. That’s all that’s on my mind right now.”