INTERVIEW: Jus Now talk to The Tab

Ahead of their gig in town on Thursday we get an exclusive chat with the Jus Now boys.

jus now

We scored an interview with Jus Now.

The Tab staff saw your name everywhere this summer. What was your favourite festival of 2015?

Hmmmm thats a tough one we had so many good times!

I think Love Saves the Day in Bristol could be the winner for this summer. They really upped the levels this year, the new site was amazing and they were also very lucky with the weather!

It was such a privilege to play on the main stage to such a big crowd in the blazing sunshine within walking distance from your house!

With festival season winding down what’s the plan for the winter? Hibernate in the studio?

Whatever the weather we hibernate in the studio! We have lots of new material we are working on at the moment. Its an interesting time for us musically, things have moved in a slightly different direction in the studio of late. Fingers crossed there should be a large body of work released in the new year.

Gutterfunking.

Tun Up was part of the soundtrack for Strawberries & Creem this year – are you excited to be working with the Creem team here in Cambridge?

It’s great to hear that Tun Up is still doing damage in the festivals after being around 3 summers now! We had a great time at Strawberries and Cream fest in 2014 and always enjoy playing in Cambridge. Looking forward to touching down there again next week.

Much has been made of the fusion of UK bass and Caribbean culture that your sound represents – do you still feel that’s key to your music?

Of course, that will never go away. Evidence of our respective upbringings will always be present in our music however obvious or subtle. Our experiences visiting in each other’s countries have no doubt left there mark on our musical style and tastes too.

What exciting new acts are ones to watch in 2016?

We have been working with a young singer recently called Chalmer John from Tobago. He is an incredible talent and hopefully you will hear some of the work we have been doing with him soon.

What’s the best thing about playing at student nights?

Student nights are always good fun! Students are never afraid to get involved and have a party!

Jus Now are playing at Creem at Fez this Thursday – you can buy tickets here.