Your business idea could be worth one thousand pounds

Your start-up could get up to £25,000 investment with Downing Enterprise

Think you could come up with a one-page business proposal good enough to wow a panel of judges?

Every year, Downing Enterprise give a start-up a helping hand. As well as awarding the best business plans prizes of up to £1,000, Downing Enterprise offer support from experienced alumni, up to £25,000 investment, and the chance to learn valuable business skills.

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE

And how do we know all of this? Well, because The Tab were lucky enough to win a few years ago.

Tab co-founder and CEO George Marangos-Gilks said: “Downing Enterprise is a fantastic network of mentors and investors. It gave birth to the modern day Tab and all our antics!”

Pictured: some of those antics (Jack Rivlin, left; George Marangos-Gilks, right)

Fellow co-founder and editor-in-chief Jack Rivlin believes the benefits of Downing Enterprise run far deeper than an initial injection of cash.

“Downing Enterprise connected us immediately with funding, guidance and most importantly, good investors .

“We were assigned a mentor throughout the pitching stage, and given a lot of help developing our business plan and pitch. After we received funding Downing found us lawyers and an accountant, who were brilliant.

“Obviously we owe Downing Enterprise our existence, because it’s how we got our idea funded, but I honestly think we would still be a lot further behind in our understanding of business if it hadn’t been for the help we received.”

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE

If you want to try and follow in The Tab’s footsteps, send in your one-page business plan by noon on Saturday 10th January. One of your team must be either a student or alumnus of Downing College. If that’s not you, just rope in a friend from Downing and put their name alongside yours on the application.

One of your team will need to be a Downing guy/girl

Of course, The Tab aren’t the only company to owe a debt of gratitude to Downing Enterprise. Other success stories include Cambridge Temperature Concepts and Wash Cycle Laundry.

Want to be as successful as them (or us)? Click here to find out more.