Cambridge Tops Yet Another League Table

The University of Cambridge sits pretty at the top of the Guardian Higher Education league table, having retained its crown for the third year running.

Drugs Guardian League Table Jay Gatsby Oxford Sex top University of Cambrdge Winning

The University of Cambridge sits pretty at the top of the Guardian Higher Education league table, having retained its crown for the third year running.

The survey has placed Cambridge in first place, ahead of historic rivals Oxford who sit in second and the – not quite as historic – LSE in third.

Some jealous Oxonians have criticised the validity of the survey, as it produced some arguably surprising results. For example, this year, Surrey came above Imperial College London.

A jealous Oxford man

The survey is based on a various criteria, such as teaching quality, satisfaction with feedback, career prospects and value added.

That Cambridge topped the table is unsurprising, given that the University came second in the QS World Rankings this year, just behind MIT.

Cambridge topped many of the Guardian’s individual subject tables, including: Engineering, Maths, Medicine, Modern Languages and Classics.

Something special in the water at Cambridge (Photo: Tom Porteous)

Giles, a second year at Pembroke, commented, “Yeah, yeah we get it, Cambridge are the best. Frankly I’d seriously hope so, given the absurd hours some NatScis work, particularly in exam term.

“Perhaps this survey will allow some of us the chance to take some perspective and not feel guilty for having a night off every once in while.”

Earlier this term, The Tab revealed that Cambridge is the least Rock And Roll University, with its students taking fewer drugs and having more virgins than almost any other UK student body.

The Top 10:

1. Cambridge

2. Oxford

3. LSE

4. St Andrews

5. UCL

6. Durham

7. Bath

8. Surrey

9. Imperial

10. Warwick

And the bottom:

115. Bolton

115= East London

117. London Met

118. Trinity Saint David

119. Bucks New University