Drinking Soc Invades Law Exam

Above the law? A Criminal Law exam on Saturday featured a question about a fictional drinking society's initiation ceremony.

A Criminal Law exam sat this morning featured a question about a fictional drinking society. 

We’ve all had bizarre questions in our time, but perhaps there has never been one so close to home – until now.

The question, which was revealed on former Tab News Editor Sebastian Salek’s blog earlier this afternoon, alluded to the possible criminal activity of a made-up drinking society called ‘The Vizards’.

Note: fictional reenactment

Note: fictional reenactment – the reality was a lot worse

The three-part question began with a short introduction: “Sandra is President of The Vizards, a College drinking society.

“She is organising the initiation of new members. After a great deal of alcohol has been drunk, the members of the society form a circle around Billy, Gilbert and Richard who are to be initiated.”

It went on to describe the initiations of the Vizards, including blindfold blowjobs, bottles up bumholes and death by pubic hair waxing. All in a day’s work.

You can see the full question below:

Photo credit: Sebastian Salek

Photo credit: Sebastian Salek

Reaction from the student body has varied from incredulity to mild amusement.

Salek, a third year lawyer at Clare, told The Tab: “it was surprising to see the university directly reference drinking societies and particularly initiations, which they generally tend to turn a blind eye to.”

Other students felt that the question demonstrated that the university is keeping up with the times.

One fresher from Trinity commented, “drinking socs are, after all, a big part of life at Cambridge.”

Around 200 students are said to have sat the examination, most of whom were freshers.

@will_pithers
  • med student

lawyers r dumb

• http://www.aircool.fr http://www.aircool.fr

On la bottom des expériences cual j’ai eu, je vais donner n’t aperçu de quelques-unes plusieurs choses que on pense pourrait décaler les shows du club en avant.Certaines choses ze posera vraiment bien et ils volent, certaines choses ne fonctionnent pas ainsi que il sera temperatures de passer à autre decided to go with. C’est une concern de recherche delaware cette formule gagnante. http://www.aircool.frces 4 in terms of qui the maintiennent,

• Pingback: モンブラン 店舗()

• Pingback: Seiko 腕時計 女性()

• Pingback: moncler pas cher()

• Pingback: The Jewelry Store()

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

LIVEBLOG: CUSU Council NUS Reckoning

The NUS Referendum and the fate of TCS are about to be decided

Clare May Ball: FIRST ANNOUNCEMENTS

ARTFUL DODGER and BARELY LEGAL will be coming to Clare this summer.

Five John’s ‘lads’ banned from the May Ball

*Insert something witty about karma*

, Editor, The Tab Manchester

These are the things that made me realise I had depression

Was I depressed or just being a bitch?

, Chief Reporter

Remembering American Adventure, the closest we got to the USA in the Midlands

Horses, guns and rollercoasters. What more could you want?

, Head of Marketing

I’d rather hang out with my parents than go clubbing

Most of my friends would, too

, Durham Editor of The Tab

Rhodes Must Fall founder makes waitress cry ‘typical white tears’

He wrote ‘WE WILL GIVE TIP WHEN YOU RETURN THE LAND’

,        

How to check your boobs: A guide

It’s so easy