“I Need Feminism Because…”: In Pictures

CUSU Women's Campaign team up with ARU Feminist Society to bring you: "I need feminism because..."

Armed with nothing but a whiteboard and a felt-tip pen, Cambridge students took to the streets today in a bid to prove that feminism is not just relevant but vitally important.

50JPG-002

The CUSU Women’s Campaign and ARU Feminist Society caused quite a stir on King’s Parade as students of both sexes posed with powerful messages in support of women.

The campaign, which has appeared all over the web and enjoyed great success at universities around the country, will run in Cambridge for the next three days.

50JPG-011

CUSU Women’s Officer Susy Langsdale, co-coordinator of the event, explained that the Women’s Campaign have been planning the event for some time now: “We talked about how useful it would be to show how widespread the need for feminism is and to articulate some of the many different reasons that women and men need it today.

“With the new feminist society having been set up at ARU we thought that it was the ideal opportunity to collaborate with them to demonstrate that the need for feminism is widespread in our community.

50JPG-016

“By breaking down existing divisions and hierarchies I hope this photo campaign will reveal how united Cambridge city is in fighting for equality between the sexes.”

More details can be found on the project’s Facebook event page.

50JPG-014 50JPG-013 50JPG-012 50JPG-010 50JPG-009 50JPG-008 50JPG-007 50JPG-006 50JPG-005 50JPG-004 50JPG-00150JPG-015

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

BREAKING: Student set on fire at Jesus Green

An Air Ambulance was called to Jesus Green this afternoon

Caesarian Sunday: The Playlist

Get pumped (hopefully not your stomach) with these tunes.

,        

SHIT SUBJECT: The Arts

VOTE NOW: We didn’t include Land Economy, just to make things a bit more interesting

, Editor, The Tab Manchester

These are the things that made me realise I had depression

Was I depressed or just being a bitch?

, Chief Reporter

Remembering American Adventure, the closest we got to the USA in the Midlands

Horses, guns and rollercoasters. What more could you want?

, Head of Marketing

I’d rather hang out with my parents than go clubbing

Most of my friends would, too

, Durham Editor of The Tab

Rhodes Must Fall founder makes waitress cry ‘typical white tears’

He wrote ‘WE WILL GIVE TIP WHEN YOU RETURN THE LAND’

,        

How to check your boobs: A guide

It’s so easy