Trenton Found Guilty

By on

Facebook Twitter

Trenton Oldfield has been found guilty of causing public nuisance.

Trenton Oldfield was today found guilty of causing public nuisance.

The 36-year-old Australian had previously pleaded not guilty and claimed his actions were a “symbolic gesture”.

Earlier in the trial Sir Matthew Pinsent had emphasised the danger the protester had put himself in, highlighting that Mr Oldfield could have been killed if he had been struck by an oar or the rigging.”

Outside of the court Oldfield remained defiant, suggesting that the verdict represented a move towards the “criminalisation of protest”.

However, things could get worse for Trenton. Judge Anne Molyneaux said: “The court will be considering if a custodial sentence is necessary.”

Mr Oldfield will learn his fate when he is sentenced on 19th October.

More to follow

Facebook Twitter
  • TabEditor

We apologise for the removal of comments made on the old site. They will be copied across soon. For now, continue commenting here!

• Mogwai

No doubt Harry Wells will try to ban Christmas trees next for casting their shadow on women.

Heard something on campus?

By , Tab reporter on

Working at the Freshers’ Fair is Awful

We suffer for your freebies.

By , Senior Tab reporter on

An interview with The Footlights

The Tab sits down with tour show director Ken Cheng and performers Adrian Gray, Archie Henderson and Eleanor Colville to talk about freshers, being funny and their new show.

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Let’s face it, Freshers’ week is overrated.

In all honesty, most of us finish the week with the flu rather than with friends.

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Best clubbers of the week

You drink, we judge

By ,         on

Third years who found their housemate dead in his room are now being sued for unpaid rent

They were too traumatised to return

By , Chief Reporter on

UCAS head who called private school kids boring clones sent her kids to…private schools

They went to Westminster, Latymer and Haileybury College

By , Chief Reporter on

One of The Apprentice contestants is a grad set to take the show by storm

She claims to have got the highest mark on her Business Studies course