Trenton on trial

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Facebook Twitter

Trenton Oldfield, the boat race swimmer, is back in court today.

The swimmer who sabotaged this year’s Boat Race is due to go on trial later today.

At a hearing in May, Trenton Oldfield admitted that an incident took place on April 7, but contested whether it amounted to public nuisance or not.

Trenton arrives in court…but how will he be leaving it?

The race was stopped when the Oxford and Cambridge boats were side by side near Chiswick Eyot, London. The 36-year-old Australian swam towards the boats as they were between the two and three-mile markers.

Former Olympic rower and assistant umpire Sir Matthew Pinsent was said to have alerted fellow adjudicators before the race was stopped and Oldfield, who narrowly avoided the blade of an Oxford oar, was pulled from the river.

It was the first time in history the boat race was disrupted by a swimmer. The race was restarted nearly half an hour later and Cambridge went on to win after Oxford broke an oar.

Facebook Twitter
  • Ollie Gibbs

Where did you find these Beautiful Girls? If i had to guess I’d say one is from Essex and the other from Venezuela? But nevertheless, stunning photos! Keep up the good work Sophie!

• Architecture

“Architecture students are provided with materials, regular workshops and (this was the main issue students on other courses seem to have) get free printing.”

Hahahaha we don’t get any materials we have to buy all of that crap ourselves (and the on campus shop is now closed), we get about 1 workshop a semester and more organised and paid for by the Architecture Society, and lastly there’s no free printing… We pay ridiculous amounts to print at size A1 because its expected but not funded for us.

Just saying…

• Tash Wellesley

Hi Charlotte, thanks for your article, really interesting stuff. I’m thinking about going into finance in the future, would you mind if I put you as a reference on my CV? Would be great to meet to discuss this further. Yours, Tash.

Heard something on campus?

By on

The beginning of the end for the NHS?

The NHS is terminally ill. Jeremy Hunt’s latest plans to stretch junior doctors to their mortal limits could send Britain’s national treasure six feet under.

By , Tab reporter on

Working at the Freshers’ Fair is Awful

We suffer for your freebies.

By , Senior Tab reporter on

An interview with The Footlights

The Tab sits down with tour show director Ken Cheng and performers Adrian Gray, Archie Henderson and Eleanor Colville to talk about freshers, being funny and their new show.

By , Chief Reporter on

One of The Apprentice contestants is a grad set to take the show by storm

She claims to have got the highest mark on her Business Studies course

By , Former Editor, The Tab London on

London Public school boys should feel guilty about a lot of things but listening to dubstep isn’t one of them

It’s time to welcome the Skepta-loving rich list in from the cold

By , Chief Reporter on

Twin model crashed car after drink driving at 10 in the morning

Both twins were previously handed ASBOs because of their wild parties

By , Chief Reporter on

Private school makes you a boring clone of your mum and dad

Going to the same Russell Group unis to do the same subjects makes you a robot, apparently

By on

Milo Yiannopoulos: It’s absurd that I was banned from speaking at Manchester SU

You guys, I feel very oppressed right now

By , Assistant Editor on

It’s time someone said it: Medics are the worst people at uni

‘You wouldn’t understand, you’re not one of us’