Cambridge Guests New Vibe

A new website is working with The Tab to provide better deals for students in Cambridge.

A new website for Cambridge nightlife could mean the end of college club reps.

Guestvibe, which launches this week, has been set up to provide an online guest list, where students sign up in advance and get reduced cost on the door – exactly the same as college reps provide, but without having to leave your computer.

The Tab will be working with the website from Michaelmas to provide the best deals to Tab readers.

With the majority of Cambridge club nights already listed on the site, it has been suggested that promoters may in fact prefer this to using student reps.

However, the site’s founder, Sebastian Salek, quickly played down the issue, explaining that “It works alongside reps so it doesn’t screw them over: lists have to be submitted by 9pm and inevitably there’ll be people wanting wrist bands after that.”

James Sheldon, a second year engineer, told the Tab, “If you’re someone who goes out all the time I can see how it would be useful, but to be honest, I think most people decide late on and will use the reps.”

Either way, students will no doubt be pleased that they can get cheap deals without having to track down their reps.

@Jonny_Singer
  • Club Frequenter

Surely this is exactly the same as just posting on the FB events a list of the names of people going?…

• except

all in one place and easier to find

• Coincidence Spotter

How convenient that Sebastian Salek is also the tab opinion editor

• hmm

Oh wow thanks for advertising one of your writer's new companies, really helpful Tab

• NotNews

it wouldn't be quite so bad if it had been a feature, like other shameless tab promotions, but news? Really?

Come on tab, you're better than this.

• Despite blatant advertising…

This is actually a really good idea.

• 404

shit boys

• hmmm

Well, if it puts the student reps out of business, that would be a mightily good thing. They are such irritating people, what with the amount of spam they generate on the JCR list. At my College, the JCR moderators seem to give them carte blanche to post *incessantly* with impunity (I am fairly sure that nobody would have difficulty tracking them down, given the running commentary as to where they will be at a given time), whilst advertisements from Societies are relegated to a bloody weekly bulletin, meaning that by the time the advertisement is disseminated, the event in question is either too soon for the advertisement to realistically make a difference (would you suddenly decide to go to a talk/play/concert/match/&c. an hour before it starts?), or already past.

• Guestvibe?

Could it have a shitter name?

• Pingback: google()

Heard something newsworthy?

,        

Cambridge BNOCs give advice for RAG Blind Dates

Take it or leave it, you’re only soothing their egos

Pipe down humanities, you don’t know suffering

You need to stay quiet when we’re whining

and

The mafia is opening its ranks: FEATURES EDITOR

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

North London is the best

Stop saying it’s frumpy

, Contributing Editor

Every single person you will ever sleep with

Literally all of them, we’re not even joking

, Chief Reporter

Football teams are now signing people who are really good at Fifa

Can you do it on a cold night in Stoke though?

, Chief Reporter

George Galloway: ‘I don’t regret pretending to be a cat on Celebrity Big Brother’

This man wants you to vote for him to be Mayor of London

, Chief Reporter

The king is dead: Spencer Matthews has quit Made in Chelsea

Spenny has followed Caggie into the sunset