Vintage Wheres

POPPY DAMON popped around the best vintage shops in Cambridge, and assembled two outfits - all for under £15.

Unfortunately, ‘Shopping vintage’ in Cambridge more often than not means resentfully buying cut off, second hand Levis from Ark at an exorbitant price. Plus a busy Cambridge term is hardly the time to trawl the charity-shops hunting for treasures right? Wrong! As summer approaches, it’s time to save, be green and find some unique one offs. See what I managed to pick up for under £15 in just a couple of hours…

Stop one: Jemporium Vintage

Bought: Levis cut offs, £5

This little gem is tucked away conveniently next to the Primark inside the Grafton centre. Although it appears small, it hides a surprising number of glorious scarves, bags, boots dungarees and funky tees. With a bargain bin at the front (everything 5 bucks), I saw a girl before me make a steal with an awesome denim shirt. I managed to get my sticky mitts on these awesome Levis cut offs. A roomie 12-14 and down from £18, this was a classic Jemporium bargain.

Stop two: British Heart Foundation

Bought: Dress: Kathie Lee floral dress, £6.99

Just a stone’s throw away from Jemporium, is a little cluster of charity shops opposite the Primark at The Grafton. Make sure you pop in to see what you can find. This dress is perfect for summer with its floral pattern, pastel colour and awesome oversize-large pearly buttons. With the quick addition of a brown belt, and maybe a floppy hat, this dress is made for a day on The Cam with a glass of Pims. British Heart Foundation is also a win, because you know you’re giving to a good cause and the ladies who run the shop are lovely!

Stop Three: Oxfam, Mill Road

Although I didn’t buy anything this time, this shop is rad. Instead of just lumping every piece of crap dropped on their doorstep for you to rummage through in a heap, they take their pieces and recycle them. Composed of anything from records to lego and scrabble pieces, a set of earrings or a funky clock is waiting to be found at this funky store.

Stop Four: Sally Ann’s Salvation Army store, Mill Road

Bought: Awesome knitted jumper, Cheapest buy of the day at £2.50

Although it may not be the season, as my nana always used to say, ‘you can never have too much knit-ware’. Perfect for those chilly nights after sunrise, or on those hung-over days around college after May week. Sally Ann’s is also pretty dandy for shoes, Tupperware and teacups.

So get on your bike, celebrate the sunshine and the end of exams with some little vintage delights.

Total spent: £14.49

• Freudian field day

I keep misreading the title as 'Vintage Whores'…

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

So long as anti-Semitism is dismissed, Cambridge cannot endorse the NUS

It’s not right that the voices of thousands of Jewish students across the country are playing second fiddle.

Do we really hate each other?

Are the haters really gonna hate hate hate?

The Cambridge Easter Term Bucket List

Finding the fun in the joyless.

, National Editor

A new study undermines one of Jeremy Hunt’s big arguments for changing junior doctor contracts

‘Extending services is not going to save any more lives’

I went to an outdoor gym and it made me feel like a caveman

You haven’t felt manly till you’ve flipped a truck tyre in Shoreditch

Justin Timberlake has just released the obligatory ‘song of the summer’

You’re going to really hate this in a few months

Oxford University will not expel Rhodes Must Fall founder

42,000 people called for his bursary to be revoked

, Assistant Editor

All the things you learn about life from your bang average comprehensive

Lunchtime detentions were a rite of passage

, Assistant Editor

Snapchatting your trip to the polling station is silly, self-absorbed and insignificant

It’s a day about something bigger, and you somehow managed to make it about yourself