News From The Dark Blues

By on

Facebook Twitter

Feminists, 'lads', hoaxes and the Daily Mail - it's not all that different over at the Other Place.

This week at Jesus a group of what can only be described as communist lesbians tried their upmost to push the college into the Maoist nightmare we all know they want.

The attempted coup came in the form a of JCR motion suggesting the establishment of a ‘women’s empowerment scheme’.

Well I think we can all agree that the only thing that should be empowering women around here is our cocks; am I right boys? Good thing there were plenty of ‘Top Lads’ there to let those women know just how ridiculous they were being. I for one know exactly where they can stick their empowerment – in their vaginas, with my cock.

For those of you who aren’t, let’s say, the sharpest spires in Cambridge, and haven’t yet seen through my carefully crafted dramatic persona, please do not adjust your sets. I do, of course, think that so called ‘lad culture’ is nothing but a festering misogynistic turd, in desperate need of being flushed back into the prehistoric jelly of evolutionarily stunted slime where it belongs.

Jesus’ male dominated JCR, on the other hand, seems a little less clear on this issue and has found itself caught in the crossfire of numerous allegations of endemic sexism. These allegations followed in the wake of a JCR meeting in which male members reportedly shouted down women in attendance for being “ridiculous” to propose the empowerment scheme.

Meanwhile, as you chaps get bombarded with bomb hoaxes, Brasenose has been, as I am told the young people say, ‘kicking it old school’ in the hoax department.

A minor media frenzy was stoked up, with the BBC, The Telegraph and The Daily Mail all on the scene after a number of insidious posters were spotted around the college banning the wearing of pyjamas at breakfast, which read: “This practice evinces a failure to distinguish between public and private spaces in college. There is a clear distinction between night wear (private) and day wear (public). I trust that this slovenly practice will cease forthwith.”

Alas, all this turned out not to be the work of one of the College’s more draconian Dons finally losing it with his students’ deficiency of Harris Tweed and pith helmets to go on a poster based rampage.

Brasenose insists the posters were the work of students and not official college policy.

Facebook Twitter
  • Tommy

Okay, so what does this have to do with Dundee FC???

• In fairness,

what the fuck is a 'women's empowerment scheme'?

• boo

gives them each a dildo to stay well clear of Isaac Delestre

• Ashamed

This is always the best-written column in the Tab.

• I always wonder…

how do they employ these people?

• Stunned Silence

• question

What is a ‘women’s empowerment scheme’?

Serious question. What does it actually do?

• Obi-Woman Kenobi

If you vote it down, they will grow more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

• Allan

Bit misleading, as Tommy already stated Dundee FC are the real dark blues.

• Yeah but

No one gives a shit about Scotland. Or football. As for Scottish football…

• Braveheart

You may take our lives, but you'll never take our FREEEDDOOOMMM!!!! But in fairness, our football is dire in comparison to other football.

• Ruth Graham

A female empowerment/supremacy scheme sounds like a very good idea. This shall be the next issue on the agenda of the CUSU Women's Campaign.

• night attire

So do Brasenose actually *allow* night attire in Hall? All the article says is that the *posters* were not a college policy.

My College do not allow night attire or flip-flops in Hall, but enforcement is pathetic. Could someone send across a .pdf of the posters please?

• ikinci el e?ya

A female empowerment no such thing as women's already strong. not complete a job, but not women, not men. men and women like the two wings of a bird or a bird can not fly without wings. Daddy, we need one of us

• what is this

I don't even

• Wisedom

I don't know what this means, but I feel like I agree with it. I also think that Ikinci may just be the Messiah.

• Tab Jihad

Who cares about Oxford when evidently, York is now the centre of attention…

Tab ousted as number 1?

Surely not???

"York Vision is now the most visited student newspaper website in terms of UK traffic. Great content always going up on"!/yorkvisionnews

Page 4

Have at them Tabsters.

• @York Vision Gimp

You know, that might almost be impressive if the entire populace of your university hadn't applied and been promptly rejected from Oxbridge…

• Fred Pringle Jr.

And even more traffic now! I wonder how much add revenue you get.

• Cherwell & OxStu
Heard something on campus?

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Which Renaissance Pope is your college?

You’ve always wanted to know

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Cambridge – already the richest uni in Europe – to fill its coffers with an extra £2 BILLION in endowments

New fundraising campaign will allow Cambridge compete with rich American unis

By on

Grantchester was being filmed on King’s Parade and The Tab spoke to James Norton

He told us about his first night getting drunk in Cambridge

By , Chief Reporter on

Meet the stripper who pole dances on the London Underground

She didn’t even clean the poles first

By , Chief Reporter on

If you’re homesick by now, university just isn’t for you

Going home after three weeks? You won’t last three years

By , Chief Reporter on

I was scammed out my life savings by a fake landlord who targets students

She was forced to pay £2,300 for rent up front

By , Features Editor on

Judge Rinder thinks Law students are really really serious

Skip your lectures, he says you’ll learn just as much from his show

By , Features Editor on

Universities will be ‘fined’ for failing working class students

The ones who score badly won’t be allowed to raise their tuition fees