News From The Dark Blues

By on

Penises, both broken, intact and up-close, seem the order of the week from Oxford. ISAAC DELESTRE reports.

“I’ve broken his cock, I’ve broken his cock!”

These were the words that echoed about the hallowed chambers of St Edmund’s (Teddy) Hall on the night of their 50s themed ‘Rock ‘n Roll’ Ball. Fifteen minutes later a first year PPEist was rushed to hospital with that high priest of comedy injuries; a penile fracture (Wikipedia it. It’s a thing).

But Teddy Ball’s mire of depraved sexual debauchery didn’t end with the snapping of a fresher’s wang. One grad student, reportedly a member of the Ball’s organising committee, was promptly bundled from the dance floor by the event’s security after attempting to provide a handjob on the sly. As soon as security passed round the Kleenex, they were off to the college kitchens to execute their censorious asexuality on another Ball going couple. This enthusiastic pair were discovered merrily banging away on Monday’s lunch.

Teddy Hall, this columnist salutes you for your brazen disregard for the stuffy conventions of this neo-Victorian age. How after all can we truly call ourselves a democracy when one can’t even have wild bestial public coitus without being unceremoniously collared by some burly bouncer?

Over at Christ Church too, the raw sexual energy of the Oxonian spirit was being paraded in front of the entire JCR in the form of the college’s annual Mr & Mrs Christ Church competition. No one could have doubted the untempered masculinity of one stallion-esque fresher as he stood blindfolded, his genitals cradled in a Borat-style thong, attempting to fit a condom on a cucumber of particularly impressive girth.

Word on the street is that The Oxford Student’s decision to publish a large photo of said contestant’s barely concealed scrotum, beside what can only be described as a subtle and tasteful article, on Page 3 of this week’s edition hasn’t gone down too well with the College’s big dogs.

So, as Christ Church’s Entz reps quail in the face of the juggernaut of boffin fuelled moral blustering headed their way, there seems little left to do but sit back and enjoy the show.

• Eyeful

Wikipedia has no qualms about displaying disturbing images without an advisory warning it seems

• Regretful

Should definitely not have clicked that hyperlink whilst in the library.

• Also regretful

• Matty McBroide

Penile fracture is a common occurrence in the backwaters of Donegal. Piss poor craic.

• THL

Bad use of semicolon.

• BelfastStudent

“The woman, believed to be a student, was not injured in the attack.”
    Surely this comment is both ridiculously insensitive and entirely insensitive as the article outlines how this poor girl was raped and/or sexually attacked in her own home, yet left ‘uninjured’?!! I’m sure if the young lady in question was to read this she would completely stunned and horrified. Good God!!!

Heard something newsworthy?

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By on

REVIEW: And Then There Were Nuns

Lia Johansen-Villanueva was promised cocktails and an evening of laughter. The team behind And Then There Were Nuns delivered, and even threw in a lovely furry hat.

By on

The Love of the Nightingale and violence against women

Fresher director Eva O’Flynn discusses dealing with themes of rape and abuse of women in theatre on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.

By , Chief Reporter on

The one that got away: An interview with Caggie Dunlop

She doesn’t even watch Made in Chelsea any more

By , Deputy Editor on

I wore an ‘I love consent’ t-shirt on a night out

Consent is sexy

By on

Loughborough The struggles of being a tall girl

Groups shots are a nightmare

By on

London Where should you live in North London?

We tried to contact South London but the expeditionary team never returned

By , Contributing Editor on

How much noise should boys make in bed?

Say your own name over and over again, obviously

By , Contributing Editor on

When did Instagram become an excuse to look at soft porn

Answer: as soon as you downloaded it