News From The Dark Blues

By on

Facebook Twitter

Penises, both broken, intact and up-close, seem the order of the week from Oxford. ISAAC DELESTRE reports.

“I’ve broken his cock, I’ve broken his cock!”

These were the words that echoed about the hallowed chambers of St Edmund’s (Teddy) Hall on the night of their 50s themed ‘Rock ‘n Roll’ Ball. Fifteen minutes later a first year PPEist was rushed to hospital with that high priest of comedy injuries; a penile fracture (Wikipedia it. It’s a thing).

But Teddy Ball’s mire of depraved sexual debauchery didn’t end with the snapping of a fresher’s wang. One grad student, reportedly a member of the Ball’s organising committee, was promptly bundled from the dance floor by the event’s security after attempting to provide a handjob on the sly. As soon as security passed round the Kleenex, they were off to the college kitchens to execute their censorious asexuality on another Ball going couple. This enthusiastic pair were discovered merrily banging away on Monday’s lunch.

Teddy Hall, this columnist salutes you for your brazen disregard for the stuffy conventions of this neo-Victorian age. How after all can we truly call ourselves a democracy when one can’t even have wild bestial public coitus without being unceremoniously collared by some burly bouncer?

Over at Christ Church too, the raw sexual energy of the Oxonian spirit was being paraded in front of the entire JCR in the form of the college’s annual Mr & Mrs Christ Church competition. No one could have doubted the untempered masculinity of one stallion-esque fresher as he stood blindfolded, his genitals cradled in a Borat-style thong, attempting to fit a condom on a cucumber of particularly impressive girth.

Word on the street is that The Oxford Student’s decision to publish a large photo of said contestant’s barely concealed scrotum, beside what can only be described as a subtle and tasteful article, on Page 3 of this week’s edition hasn’t gone down too well with the College’s big dogs.

So, as Christ Church’s Entz reps quail in the face of the juggernaut of boffin fuelled moral blustering headed their way, there seems little left to do but sit back and enjoy the show.

Facebook Twitter
  • Eyeful

Wikipedia has no qualms about displaying disturbing images without an advisory warning it seems

• Regretful

Should definitely not have clicked that hyperlink whilst in the library.

• Also regretful

• Matty McBroide

Penile fracture is a common occurrence in the backwaters of Donegal. Piss poor craic.

• THL

Bad use of semicolon.

• BelfastStudent

“The woman, believed to be a student, was not injured in the attack.”
    Surely this comment is both ridiculously insensitive and entirely insensitive as the article outlines how this poor girl was raped and/or sexually attacked in her own home, yet left ‘uninjured’?!! I’m sure if the young lady in question was to read this she would completely stunned and horrified. Good God!!!

Heard something on campus?

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Which Renaissance Pope is your college?

You’ve always wanted to know

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Cambridge – already the richest uni in Europe – to fill its coffers with an extra £2 BILLION in endowments

New fundraising campaign will allow Cambridge compete with rich American unis

By on

Grantchester was being filmed on King’s Parade and The Tab spoke to James Norton

He told us about his first night getting drunk in Cambridge

By , Chief Reporter on

Meet the stripper who pole dances on the London Underground

She didn’t even clean the poles first

By , Chief Reporter on

If you’re homesick by now, university just isn’t for you

Going home after three weeks? You won’t last three years

By , Chief Reporter on

I was scammed out my life savings by a fake landlord who targets students

She was forced to pay £2,300 for rent up front

By , Features Editor on

Judge Rinder thinks Law students are really really serious

Skip your lectures, he says you’ll learn just as much from his show

By , Features Editor on

Universities will be ‘fined’ for failing working class students

The ones who score badly won’t be allowed to raise their tuition fees