News From The Dark Blues

Penises, both broken, intact and up-close, seem the order of the week from Oxford. ISAAC DELESTRE reports.

“I’ve broken his cock, I’ve broken his cock!”

These were the words that echoed about the hallowed chambers of St Edmund’s (Teddy) Hall on the night of their 50s themed ‘Rock ‘n Roll’ Ball. Fifteen minutes later a first year PPEist was rushed to hospital with that high priest of comedy injuries; a penile fracture (Wikipedia it. It’s a thing).

But Teddy Ball’s mire of depraved sexual debauchery didn’t end with the snapping of a fresher’s wang. One grad student, reportedly a member of the Ball’s organising committee, was promptly bundled from the dance floor by the event’s security after attempting to provide a handjob on the sly. As soon as security passed round the Kleenex, they were off to the college kitchens to execute their censorious asexuality on another Ball going couple. This enthusiastic pair were discovered merrily banging away on Monday’s lunch.

Teddy Hall, this columnist salutes you for your brazen disregard for the stuffy conventions of this neo-Victorian age. How after all can we truly call ourselves a democracy when one can’t even have wild bestial public coitus without being unceremoniously collared by some burly bouncer?

Over at Christ Church too, the raw sexual energy of the Oxonian spirit was being paraded in front of the entire JCR in the form of the college’s annual Mr & Mrs Christ Church competition. No one could have doubted the untempered masculinity of one stallion-esque fresher as he stood blindfolded, his genitals cradled in a Borat-style thong, attempting to fit a condom on a cucumber of particularly impressive girth.

Word on the street is that The Oxford Student’s decision to publish a large photo of said contestant’s barely concealed scrotum, beside what can only be described as a subtle and tasteful article, on Page 3 of this week’s edition hasn’t gone down too well with the College’s big dogs.

So, as Christ Church’s Entz reps quail in the face of the juggernaut of boffin fuelled moral blustering headed their way, there seems little left to do but sit back and enjoy the show.

• Eyeful

Wikipedia has no qualms about displaying disturbing images without an advisory warning it seems

• Regretful

Should definitely not have clicked that hyperlink whilst in the library.

• Also regretful

Same
        :(

• Matty McBroide

Penile fracture is a common occurrence in the backwaters of Donegal. Piss poor craic.

• THL

Bad use of semicolon.

Heard something newsworthy?

Student produces documentary protesting against college food

Ron Mulvey was just a disillusioned student. Now he is the voice of hundreds of students.

Why being injured playing rugby taught me to explore more extracurriculars

Cambridge is probably the only time in our lives we’ll have even the most daunting extracurriculars subsidised and on our doorstep

Netflix has announced release dates for several big shows

House of Cards and Orange is the New Black are coming back

Valentine’s with your BFF is much better

People are calling it Galentine’s

, Chief Reporter

How to blag your way through the Super Bowl, according to a proper American

‘The thing about Denver Broncos is they always try and walk it in’

, Features Editor

What’s the best month to have your birthday?

It’s your princess day

and

The people of Whole Foods

Where else can you buy Fiji water, Medjool dates and stuff to put in the NutriBullet?

, Chief Reporter

2016 is the year to finally accept vegetarians

What’s your beef with us?