By on

Facebook Twitter

They've arrived: the new Tab columnists for this term.

It’s that time again. The columnists for Easter 2012 have arrived. 

This term, we’re doing it a little differently. Old hands are returning alongside brand new faces: two of The Tab‘s most popular columnists are back.

This crack team will be guiding you through the tough times ahead. They’ll soon be your new best Tab friends.

Psyched out by the interesting and creative people he’s working with on his Year Abroad placement in an advertising agency in Moscow, Alex has developed a complex about being boring and is desperately trying to rectify that.

When he’s not coming up with frankly silly ideas to sell dandruff shampoo and watered-down fruit juice, Alex can be found comically misunderstanding Russian people and being comically misunderstood by those same Russian people over a plate of the Russian food he has come to despise so passionately.

Check The Tab tomorrow for Alex’s first column.

James Mitchell, a student rapidly approaching his mid-twenties and hailing from one of the more obscure colleges, claims to be in a unique position to understand the problems facing both undergraduates and postgraduates.

In common with most postgraduates, James has already spent three years ‘studying’ at university – but, as yet, has not managed successfully to complete a single year of any undergraduate course.

Check The Tab on Wednesday for James’ first column

The first of our returning columnists is Evie Prichard. Once The Tab’s myopic fresher, her now advanced age allows her to mix wisdom into her wit.

The large numbers of people now able to recognise Evie when she goes out may have made the life of this prosopagnosiac extremely difficult, but her commitment to The Tab has taken her all the way from America to the open-mic stage.

She enjoys the lyrical whimsy of David Bowie and believes in the redeeming power of true love.

READ Evie’s first column here. Evie will be writing fortnightly.

The Tab‘s poet laureate, Anna Isaac, is back after a belter of a first term.

Anna scribbles about things you might have thought but have too great a sense public of shame to share.

Whet your appetite, or yourself, as she bursts through embarrassment straight into humiliation and truth. Pack a spare pair of knickers and jump aboard the good ship cringe! Oh, wait, that rhymes with something…

READ Anna’s column hereAnna will be writing fortnightly.

Facebook Twitter
  • Dan

Great to see Anna’s back!

• Evie-Fan

Go Evie!

• Tab reader

Evie Pritchard WHY?!?

• Please

Bring back Tom Rasmussen, his columns were always fun and light-hearted and perfect for exam term.

• Evie fan

Evie has prosopagnosia? REALLY?! I don't think ANYONE knew that! Thanks for the reminder!

• That's not all

What about the Butterfield Easter column? It's perfect for reading over a breakfast of potato griddles and hoisin crispy owl.

• Anna Isaac's

poems are shite.

• Really?

Where is Sophie Thorpe?

• Peterhouse
  • asr

Isn't evie a mere 2nd year?

• Evie-Fan-as-well

Evie is just fantastic. Great style and thankfully not always about just sex or something taboo for the hell of it.

Heard something on campus?

By on

Cambridge’s most obscure societies*

We went beyond the clichéd ones (Tiddlywinks, anyone?) to find Cambridge’s most obscure societies. *(AKA ones that are a tiny bit niche and were also willing to speak to us. Which was not that many.)

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Louise Mensch: “I’m a feminist and I don’t give a fuck what you say”

“There are no safe spaces when I’m around.”

By , Tab reporter on

Working at the Freshers’ Fair is Awful

We suffer for your freebies.

By , Features Editor on

Best person on Facebook this week

Netflix and chill is DEAD

By ,         on

VOTE: Who was the best dressed this week?

These people are killing it

By , Durham Editor of The Tab on

Durham Linguists are feckless posers who don’t know the meaning of a real degree

‘Ou est la gare?’

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Best clubbers of the week

You drink, we judge

By ,         on

Third years who found their housemate dead in his room are now being sued for unpaid rent

They were too traumatised to return