Chinese New Fear

There will be new Chinese Jade on display at the Fitz just weeks after the break-in.

The Fitzwilliam Museum is to host a new display of rare Chinese artefacts – just three weeks after the theft of similar items.

The exhibition, titled ‘The Search for Immortality’, will be the biggest ever collection of ancient Chinese royal pieces to leave the country and features over 350 items.

But among the collection are some spectacular Jade goodies much like the the ones thieves pinched this month.

The move is being seen by some as an important step for the museum as it attempts to salvage its reputation in the fall-out from a security failing which saw the valuable items snatched.

However, with the Fitz still investigating how thieves were able to steal 18 valuable items just two weeks ago, the safety of such precious treasures must still be in doubt.

A Fitz spokeswoman did nothing to restore confidence when questioned, telling The Tab that “it would be inappropriate to comment about the museum’s security measures” in the wake of the ongoing police enquiry.

Police still seeking to recover the items believe they have identified a van used in the getaway, but airports and ports are still on high alert with the perpetrators still at large.

The exhibition will open next week and run for 6 months.

@Jonny_Singer
  • shit headline

more like DEADline guys right!

• grrrrrrrrrrr

YOU FUCK OFF I THINK THE HEADLINE IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND I MEAN THIS UNIRONICAlLY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY DEEP BLUE HEART

• Deep Blue?

GDBO

• Robert Aske

The chicken shall the capon slay, and after that shall be no May.
    PILGRIMAGE OF GRACE 2012

• LOVE

the title of this article

Heard something newsworthy?

REVIEW: Ten Plagues

Dani Cugini is confused and mesmerised by one of Cambridge’s most experimental shows to date.

Pro-Palestine Societies boycott Middle East Peace Week

They claim the talks were organised to “direct attention away from the growing success of Israeli Apartheid Week”.

and and

Tab Tries: Cambridge Escape Rooms

We got locked into several locked rooms for an hour and had to solve a series of weirdly difficult challenges to get out.

, Contributing Editor

Getting wasted with Kanye West fans in Notting Hill

To celebrate the release of The Life of Pablo

Liverpool Smithdown house parties are hell on earth

Do you even know the weirdos you’re letting in your house?

, Chief Reporter

Craig David’s Valentine’s playlist is a banger

He picked out his favourite ‘heartbreak’ tunes

Kingsland shopping centre is like a brilliant parallel universe

I can’t even find a recent photograph of it

, Chief Reporter

There’s a new app that works out what kind of dog you are

It uses artificial intelligence