Chinese New Fear

There will be new Chinese Jade on display at the Fitz just weeks after the break-in.

The Fitzwilliam Museum is to host a new display of rare Chinese artefacts – just three weeks after the theft of similar items.

The exhibition, titled ‘The Search for Immortality’, will be the biggest ever collection of ancient Chinese royal pieces to leave the country and features over 350 items.

But among the collection are some spectacular Jade goodies much like the the ones thieves pinched this month.

The move is being seen by some as an important step for the museum as it attempts to salvage its reputation in the fall-out from a security failing which saw the valuable items snatched.

However, with the Fitz still investigating how thieves were able to steal 18 valuable items just two weeks ago, the safety of such precious treasures must still be in doubt.

A Fitz spokeswoman did nothing to restore confidence when questioned, telling The Tab that “it would be inappropriate to comment about the museum’s security measures” in the wake of the ongoing police enquiry.

Police still seeking to recover the items believe they have identified a van used in the getaway, but airports and ports are still on high alert with the perpetrators still at large.

The exhibition will open next week and run for 6 months.

@Jonny_Singer
  • shit headline

more like DEADline guys right!

• grrrrrrrrrrr

YOU FUCK OFF I THINK THE HEADLINE IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND I MEAN THIS UNIRONICAlLY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY DEEP BLUE HEART

• Deep Blue?

GDBO

• Robert Aske

The chicken shall the capon slay, and after that shall be no May.
    PILGRIMAGE OF GRACE 2012

• LOVE

the title of this article

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

So long as anti-Semitism is dismissed, Cambridge cannot endorse the NUS

It’s not right that the voices of thousands of Jewish students across the country are playing second fiddle.

Do we really hate each other?

Are the haters really gonna hate hate hate?

The Cambridge Easter Term Bucket List

Finding the fun in the joyless.

, National Editor

Sadiq Khan ‘has won’ the London mayoral election

It’s basically all wrapped up now

,        

How to pamper yourself after exams

It’s never too soon to start planning

, National Editor

A new study undermines one of Jeremy Hunt’s big arguments for changing junior doctor contracts

‘Extending services is not going to save any more lives’

I went to an outdoor gym and it made me feel like a caveman

You haven’t felt manly till you’ve flipped a truck tyre in Shoreditch

Justin Timberlake has just released the obligatory ‘song of the summer’

You’re going to really hate this in a few months

Oxford University will not expel Rhodes Must Fall founder

42,000 people called for his bursary to be revoked