Chinese New Fear

There will be new Chinese Jade on display at the Fitz just weeks after the break-in.

The Fitzwilliam Museum is to host a new display of rare Chinese artefacts – just three weeks after the theft of similar items.

The exhibition, titled ‘The Search for Immortality’, will be the biggest ever collection of ancient Chinese royal pieces to leave the country and features over 350 items.

But among the collection are some spectacular Jade goodies much like the the ones thieves pinched this month.

The move is being seen by some as an important step for the museum as it attempts to salvage its reputation in the fall-out from a security failing which saw the valuable items snatched.

However, with the Fitz still investigating how thieves were able to steal 18 valuable items just two weeks ago, the safety of such precious treasures must still be in doubt.

A Fitz spokeswoman did nothing to restore confidence when questioned, telling The Tab that “it would be inappropriate to comment about the museum’s security measures” in the wake of the ongoing police enquiry.

Police still seeking to recover the items believe they have identified a van used in the getaway, but airports and ports are still on high alert with the perpetrators still at large.

The exhibition will open next week and run for 6 months.

@Jonny_Singer
  • shit headline

more like DEADline guys right!

• grrrrrrrrrrr

YOU FUCK OFF I THINK THE HEADLINE IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND I MEAN THIS UNIRONICAlLY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY DEEP BLUE HEART

• Deep Blue?

GDBO

• Robert Aske

The chicken shall the capon slay, and after that shall be no May.
    PILGRIMAGE OF GRACE 2012

• LOVE

the title of this article

Heard something newsworthy?

Is Cambridge getting a second rugby international?

Jamie Roberts tweeted a suggestion that Australian star David Pocock play for Cambridge.

, Cambridge Editor

Clare May Ball Committee forced into “full ticket recall” after college revolts at ticket blunders

Clare: Not so demure and friendly after all.

BREAKING: Arrests made regarding the recent murder of Giulio Regeni

37 arrests have been made by the Egyptian police force in connection with the killing of Giulio Regeni

What your Lent resolution says about you

So you’re giving up chocolate again?

, Contributing Editor

The best football gambler in the world is hiring

His statistical model beats the bookies most weeks

, Chief Reporter

The weirdest things you’re giving up for Lent

ASOS, sex and one guy is even giving up his girlfriend

, Chief Reporter

Commenters on this article from 2001 predicted Tinder and Instagram

They somehow saw Dogspotting coming too

, Chief Reporter

More evidence that barristers are the hottest professionals in London

Look at those cheekbones

, Contributing Editor

This video shows how 200 new skyscrapers will alter London forever

It looks completely different