The Theatre Guide Dog Awards Lent 2012

You’ve worked awfully hard this term, and THE THEATRE GUIDE DOG is here to give you treats.

2012 A Midsummer Nights Dream a view from the bridge ADC all-female Awards bad acting bad play bad theatre bereavement bereavement the musical Best Show Brecht coda Comedy Corpus Playroom Drama Elektra festen Footlights footlights and friends footloose G.G.T.H. ggth guide dog hunchback of notre dame Lent mother courage mother courage and her children Musical musical theatre never have i ever oleanna rookie sketch show the music box the tempest Theatre theatre guide dog theatre guide dog awards worst show worst slating Zombie Haiku

– VOTING IS NOW CLOSED –

I know, I know. It’s good to see me again, isn’t it. I’m back to fill the achey vitriol-shaped hole in your life. I’m even here to be nice to you this time, you disgusting peasants.

Best Show

We could tell you about good theatre, but we love you deep down so we’ll let you decide for yourselves.

A View from the Bridge

Elektra

Festen

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Oleanna

Worst Slating

Now you can cry all you like, but we know you love the schadenfreude really.

CODA

Footlights and Friends

Never Have I Ever

The Tempest

Zombie Haiku

Worst Response to a Review

Sometimes the best drama is not to be found treading the boards, but drunkenly pounding a keyboard through a screen of enraged tears.

CODA

Footloose

G.G.T.H.

A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Mother Courage and Her Children

Spirit of Theatre Award

Lest we forget that endless reruns of Pinter, Stoppard and Shakespeare are not all that student theatre is doomed to. Also do try and not be boring. Let’s not just make this and ‘Best Show’ the same award. I’ll trust you not to cock it up this once.

Bereavement: The Musical

Elektra

The Music Box

Oleanna

Rookie

Most Incorrect Review

So you think you know better? Of course you don’t, that would be disgusting. But we’ll let you think you do.

CODA

G.G.T.H.

Les Justes

Mother Courage and Her Children

Never Have I Ever