Si B Says Bye To Big Fish Ents

By , News Editor on

Nightlife icon and much-loved Cambridge personality Simon Burdus is leaving Cambridge for pastures new. Everybody's sad.

It’s been a tragic day for Cambridge. 

Local legend Simon Burdus has waved his last lash hound into Cindies after 9 years of dedicated service to student nightlife.

Simon, 27, has run BigFishEnts since 2004, but has announced his imminent departure from Cambridge.

Speaking exclusively to The Tab, Simon said “It’s time to pass the buck onto someone younger whose liver can take it”.

“I can’t stand at the front of a club anymore, I’m done. But I wouldn’t have wanted to do it anywhere else but here”.

Couple of guys, couple of drinks, having a great time

Leaving to focus on his various businesses around Britain, Simon – or Si B – will devote his time to protecting the environment, expanding his ostrich burger company, and bringing mixed martial arts to the island of Jersey.

Students all over the university will miss him. Simon’s old college drinking society, the Girton Green Monsters said that “Si B is a huge part of Cambridge and a credit to the Monsters. We’re sad to lose him but wish him well”.

They aren’t the only big dog boozers with a Si B-shaped hole in their hearts. Speaking on behalf of the Churchill Bulldogs, Elliott Malone said “He’s always treated us very well and made evenings out massively entertaining.

“Cambridge losing Simon Burdus will be like Cambridge losing a kidney. They say you’ll be fine but we all know it won’t quite be same”.

• Stelios

• Nick Marshall

Si B was a fantastic fella, brilliant value, and an all round great guy. It'll be a frosty friday in July before we get over his loss. Boom.

• TPJ

good riddance

• B L

Simon Burdus. World's greatest human. Aoo Aoo Aoo

• Lonely Boy

But now who will send me invitations of Facebook?!!

• Dog Enthusiast

I tried to add him as a mate on Facebook™. My request is still pending. Several of my friends are enjoying the fruits of his pics, interests and wall banter.

I can only wait and dream.

• Rob Ireland

Where was the article when I left?!

• Questionable

Who are you?

• Yep

As much as I dislike Cindies et al., that last quote is awesome.

• Hele

• burd is the word

I always liked the chap -so good luck to him!

So will Big Fish still be running? Just with someone else in charge? (assume that was why Tab were running full time recruitment ads for Big fish over the last few weeks?!!!)

Or is he giving the nights back to CUSU? :-)

• ISpeakForTheStudents

Get lost Helen Charman

• Wolfi

Pleeeease not to CUSU, I hate those wankers

• Confused

Why is Si B sittting next to Ron Jeremy?

• more confused

And why is he drinking Si B's urine?

• FinnB, ExCupids Pres

is my big fish ents card still going to be valid??? i use it all the time to get into all the best london night clubs

• Judge

go home

• Real

Who is SiB, anyway. Tiny name!

• more confused
  • fuck off

theres only one baldy bastard

• does that mean

…that we don't get those annoying twats selling tickets in college any more? they've been clogging up my fbook feed for too long

• now

the big fish can swim free… to jersey.

• bulldogs

are not big dogs

• Wow.

These comments are an impressive astroturf operation…

• The Woman in Black

Simon's my real name

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

Police crash Peterhouse JCR Christmas Party after drunk fresher smashes window

They asked people to come forward or they would personally inspect everyone

By on

Vote Now: Cambridge’s Best Bums 2015

All bums are equal, but some are more equal than others. Help us choose which ones.

By on

Why do girls love calling each other sluts?

The week 8 ADC late show Girls Like That follows a group of girls and explores the toxic, social-media dominated world we grow up in.

By , Contributing Editor on

What’s more important: Face or body?

Pretty face, average bod > average face, fit bod

By and on

What is the best all-girls school in the country?

‘Millie can I borrow a tampon?’

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life

By , Chief Reporter on

Your gluten free diet is killing the wheat industry

Bread just makes me bloat