Si B Says Bye To Big Fish Ents

, News Editor

Nightlife icon and much-loved Cambridge personality Simon Burdus is leaving Cambridge for pastures new. Everybody's sad.

It’s been a tragic day for Cambridge. 

Local legend Simon Burdus has waved his last lash hound into Cindies after 9 years of dedicated service to student nightlife.

Simon, 27, has run BigFishEnts since 2004, but has announced his imminent departure from Cambridge.

Speaking exclusively to The Tab, Simon said “It’s time to pass the buck onto someone younger whose liver can take it”.

“I can’t stand at the front of a club anymore, I’m done. But I wouldn’t have wanted to do it anywhere else but here”.

Couple of guys, couple of drinks, having a great time

Leaving to focus on his various businesses around Britain, Simon – or Si B – will devote his time to protecting the environment, expanding his ostrich burger company, and bringing mixed martial arts to the island of Jersey.

Students all over the university will miss him. Simon’s old college drinking society, the Girton Green Monsters said that “Si B is a huge part of Cambridge and a credit to the Monsters. We’re sad to lose him but wish him well”.

They aren’t the only big dog boozers with a Si B-shaped hole in their hearts. Speaking on behalf of the Churchill Bulldogs, Elliott Malone said “He’s always treated us very well and made evenings out massively entertaining.

“Cambridge losing Simon Burdus will be like Cambridge losing a kidney. They say you’ll be fine but we all know it won’t quite be same”.

@hshukman
  • The Woman in Black

Simon's my real name

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

Oxford votes YES to a disaffiliation referendum

OUSU decides to put NUS disaffiliation to a vote while the CUSU referendum decision will be made next week.

Which Pokémon is your college?

Find out if your college is the very best, like no one ever was…

“Friends with benefits” means nothing

The ‘friends’ part is unnecessary. The ‘benefits’ part is disappointing.

, Bristol Editor of The Tab

Capitalism is dying – and we’re all becoming socialists

51 per cent of millennials ‘do not support’ it

QUIZ: How vain are you?

Bet you think this quiz is about you

, Editor of The Tab London

Staggering results show three-quarters of students want to leave the NUS

According to a Tab poll of 6,500 people

, National Editor

There’s going to be an investigation into sexist advertising

Reaction to the Protein World ads highlighted a need for change

,        

We’ve found the best alternatives to Naked palettes

Who wants to pay £38.50 for eyeshadow?

and

What trainers should you be wearing?

Take our quiz to find out