Si B Says Bye To Big Fish Ents

, News Editor

Nightlife icon and much-loved Cambridge personality Simon Burdus is leaving Cambridge for pastures new. Everybody's sad.

It’s been a tragic day for Cambridge. 

Local legend Simon Burdus has waved his last lash hound into Cindies after 9 years of dedicated service to student nightlife.

Simon, 27, has run BigFishEnts since 2004, but has announced his imminent departure from Cambridge.

Speaking exclusively to The Tab, Simon said “It’s time to pass the buck onto someone younger whose liver can take it”.

“I can’t stand at the front of a club anymore, I’m done. But I wouldn’t have wanted to do it anywhere else but here”.

Couple of guys, couple of drinks, having a great time

Leaving to focus on his various businesses around Britain, Simon – or Si B – will devote his time to protecting the environment, expanding his ostrich burger company, and bringing mixed martial arts to the island of Jersey.

Students all over the university will miss him. Simon’s old college drinking society, the Girton Green Monsters said that “Si B is a huge part of Cambridge and a credit to the Monsters. We’re sad to lose him but wish him well”.

They aren’t the only big dog boozers with a Si B-shaped hole in their hearts. Speaking on behalf of the Churchill Bulldogs, Elliott Malone said “He’s always treated us very well and made evenings out massively entertaining.

“Cambridge losing Simon Burdus will be like Cambridge losing a kidney. They say you’ll be fine but we all know it won’t quite be same”.

@hshukman
  • The Woman in Black

Simon's my real name

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

What should your college disaffiliate from?

What should students turn their lack-of-disaffiliation anger towards?

Clean Bandit to DJ at Jesus May Ball

No place we’d rather be.

and

Tab Guide to filling the post-exam void

If you have yet to finish your exams, lol.

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

Made In Chelsea has gone to the dogs

For God’s sake, will you maintain a modicum of decorum?

, Assistant Editor

Music festivals on terror alert

Nightclubs and festivals are both at risk of Isis suicide attacks

, Features Editor

Everything Mizz magazine taught us about life in our twenties

Mum thought Sugar and Bliss were too sexy

Review: The best supermarket gin and tonic tins

Because there’s more to life than Gordon’s

and

NUS disaffiliation: The story so far

Three SUs have voted to disaffiliate and three have to remain

The best cheap supermarket prosecco, according to a wine expert

‘This one tastes like it’s been left in the fridge for a week’