Chaz Choppers to Cambridge

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles touch down at Girton to spread some Royal goodwill.

Addenbrookes Cambridge camilla camilla parker bowles charles girton helicopter Josh Dickins kate middleton michael gove prince Prince Charles Prince Charles choppers into Cambridge Prince Philip royal family royals royalty

Bumbling big-eared royal Prince Charles made a flying visit to Cambridge yesterday, touching down by helicopter at Girton.

The Prince of Wales was in the city chatting to headteachers to mark ten years of the Prince’s Teaching Institute, a charity set up to encourage teachers to rediscover passion for their subjects.

The Prince, who graduated with a 2:2 from Trinity in Anthropology, Archaeology and History in 1970, was met by excited Girtonians earlier today. Tom O’Pray, a 3rd year medic described the visit as “totally surreal.”

“A helicopter clattered right past our window,” says Tom. “We all ran into the snow with our slippers on to find a load of policeman and the Prince of Wales on the cricket pitch.”

Fresh Prince

Speaking to delegates of the Prince’s Teaching Institute at Madingley Hall, HRH said that teachers had to focus on “the element of character” if they were to get through to students.

“One of the key issues we have to face is how to raise self-esteem, self-worth and self confidence,” Prince Charles told those present, who included slightly smaller-eared Education Secretary Michael Gove.
Charles was not the only royal figure in the city today, however. His wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall was in Addenbrooke’s, meeting youngsters with hereditary diabetes.

Grand National icon: Camilla Parker-Bowles

Camilla received an equally warm welcome to husband Charles. Holly Lovering, a third year Girton geographer told The Tab that “Camilla was looking fine. Forget K-Middy, CP-B is my new style icon.” You heard it here first.