Street Style: Winter Coats

TOM RASMUSSEN and SAM PRANCE prowl the streets of Cambridge to find the best winter coats about.

Clare Cellars fashion Joy Starkey street style Tom Rasmussen winter coats

All bets are off. The winter coat is back in season, literally. The beauty of this trend is dual-pronged: it’s practical (which is rare) and it requires very little playing inside the lines. The way to work a coat this winter is to go for a bold colour or print and a statement shape.

Stephanie from Trinity Hall works an understated Sherling lined parka – an absolute classic for winter warmth.

Caitlin, from St John’s, pops her fur collar (a style essential this season) while maintaining a minimalist look.

Beautifully understated, Tian from Lucy Cavendish, looks great in all black with a textural camel coat thrown on.

Maddie from Clare has layered this outfit perfectly – with a shorter cardi beneath this fab, brown suede coat.

Paula from Clare really goes for gold in this jaguar print fur. With the understated dress and minimal accessorizing this coat makes just the right kind of statement.

Grace, a Tit Hall fresher, works this cream, oversized tailoring as her outerwear. Crisp lines combined with an oversized cut add instant elegance to any outfit.

We love the teaming of the coat with the maroon roll-neck jumper (another must have this winter). Good work, Ed from Downing.

Harry, a classicist from Queens’, teams a tie-dye jersey vest with this updated bomber style jacket. The leather sleeves are the icing on the cake!

Mark from King’s, rocks a trench-go-camel. Throw a coloured scarf on to look effortlessly stylish.