Big-Screen Bedders

By on

Facebook Twitter

A film has been released charting the lives of Cambridge bedders and their "vital contribution" to the Uni.

Bedders hit the big-screen last week with the screening of new film Cambridge Bedders.

The documentary was dreamed up for the Uni’s 800th anniversary by producer Catherine Seymour, but it’s taken until now to finish the project. It was premiered last week at the Cambridge Folk Museum, with Trinity bedders given an advance screening.

“I have always been very interested in the relationship between the town and the gown,” Seymour told The Tab.

She said the documentary acknowledges “the vital contribution” that bedders make to colleges.

As we all know, bedders have a significant impact on our lives. Whether you’ve got a chatty nan-type or a stern Eastern European, we’d all be lost if they weren’t there to change our bins and give everything a once over with the hoover.

“Having a bedder is like still having mum around,” said Chris Pilgrim, third year organ scholar at Tit Hall.

Sidney Chaplain Peter Waddell, who helped persuade Seymour to make the film, more diplomatically described Bedders as the “one person you’re not being competitive with.”

Part of Seymour’s inspiration came from a relative who worked as a bedder in Sidney Sussex.

The film, which was partly shot on location at St Catz and King’s, will now be housed in the Folk Museum’s archives.

Seymour’s now plans to make a film about all the domestic staff who work at Cambridge. Could Porter: The Movie be coming to a cinema near you soon? Only time will tell.

Facebook Twitter
  • John Smiths

“the vital contribution” that bedders make to our college tends to be standing around speaking magyar very loudly occaisionly mopping and refusing to clean a room unless it is already tidy. If an escort refused to have sex with me unless i'd already achieved orgasm i wouldn't hire her.

Saying that the one this year's very nice, can't say nout bad about her

• Prince Charles

Are you trying to say your bedder walked in on you with a prostitute?

• Observation

Someone has too much time on their hands

• mate

you are a tremendous prick

• Absolute Lad

When i saw the headline, I thought this headline referring to me. For I am a big screen bedder.

• Absolute Lad

I sleep with a lot of fat girls

• 80s Comedian

Bedders eh? I tell you, my one, I'd bed-her. Eh? Am I right?
    Mother-in-law eh? More like Mother-is-Whore? Eh? Am I right?

Always cheeky, never blue.

• Felix

Social issues are what drive us to greatness. Wait while I turn off the lights to save energy. I am Felix

Heard something on campus?

By on

Cambridge’s most obscure societies*

We went beyond the clichéd ones (Tiddlywinks, anyone?) to find Cambridge’s most obscure societies. *(AKA ones that are a tiny bit niche and were also willing to speak to us. Which was not that many.)

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Louise Mensch: “I’m a feminist and I don’t give a fuck what you say”

“There are no safe spaces when I’m around.”

By , Tab reporter on

Working at the Freshers’ Fair is Awful

We suffer for your freebies.

By , Features Editor on

Best person on Facebook this week

Netflix and chill is DEAD

By ,         on

VOTE: Who was the best dressed this week?

These people are killing it

By , Durham Editor of The Tab on

Durham Linguists are feckless posers who don’t know the meaning of a real degree

‘Ou est la gare?’

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Best clubbers of the week

You drink, we judge

By ,         on

Third years who found their housemate dead in his room are now being sued for unpaid rent

They were too traumatised to return