Big-Screen Bedders

By on

A film has been released charting the lives of Cambridge bedders and their "vital contribution" to the Uni.

Bedders hit the big-screen last week with the screening of new film Cambridge Bedders.

The documentary was dreamed up for the Uni’s 800th anniversary by producer Catherine Seymour, but it’s taken until now to finish the project. It was premiered last week at the Cambridge Folk Museum, with Trinity bedders given an advance screening.

“I have always been very interested in the relationship between the town and the gown,” Seymour told The Tab.

She said the documentary acknowledges “the vital contribution” that bedders make to colleges.

As we all know, bedders have a significant impact on our lives. Whether you’ve got a chatty nan-type or a stern Eastern European, we’d all be lost if they weren’t there to change our bins and give everything a once over with the hoover.

“Having a bedder is like still having mum around,” said Chris Pilgrim, third year organ scholar at Tit Hall.

Sidney Chaplain Peter Waddell, who helped persuade Seymour to make the film, more diplomatically described Bedders as the “one person you’re not being competitive with.”

Part of Seymour’s inspiration came from a relative who worked as a bedder in Sidney Sussex.

The film, which was partly shot on location at St Catz and King’s, will now be housed in the Folk Museum’s archives.

Seymour’s now plans to make a film about all the domestic staff who work at Cambridge. Could Porter: The Movie be coming to a cinema near you soon? Only time will tell.

• John Smiths

“the vital contribution” that bedders make to our college tends to be standing around speaking magyar very loudly occaisionly mopping and refusing to clean a room unless it is already tidy. If an escort refused to have sex with me unless i'd already achieved orgasm i wouldn't hire her.

Saying that the one this year's very nice, can't say nout bad about her

• Prince Charles

Are you trying to say your bedder walked in on you with a prostitute?

• Observation

Someone has too much time on their hands

• mate

you are a tremendous prick

• Absolute Lad

When i saw the headline, I thought this headline referring to me. For I am a big screen bedder.

• Absolute Lad

I sleep with a lot of fat girls

• 80s Comedian

Bedders eh? I tell you, my one, I'd bed-her. Eh? Am I right?
    Mother-in-law eh? More like Mother-is-Whore? Eh? Am I right?

Always cheeky, never blue.

• Felix

Social issues are what drive us to greatness. Wait while I turn off the lights to save energy. I am Felix

Heard something newsworthy?

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By , Deputy Editor, The Tab Cambridge on

EXLCUSIVE PICS: James Bond Director Sam Mendes in town for Peterhouse Freshers’ Play

He returned to his old stomping ground of Peterhouse and helped out with the Freshers’ Play

By ,         on

Could you be the face of The Tab?

We’re looking for a new presenter for Tab TV

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life

By , Chief Reporter on

Your gluten free diet is killing the wheat industry

Bread just makes me bloat

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness