40s/60s: Which Decade Are You?

by , Tab reporter on

Facebook Twitter

JOY STARKEY, SCHAROLTA SI and ELISKA HASKOVCOVA head to The Varsity Hotel to check out 40s and 60s style. Which girl will you be this winter?

Separated by their iconic styles, the 1940s and 1960s are set to rule our wardrobes this season. One is sophisticated, feminine and luxurious and the other is fun, flirty and bold. Which girl will you be this winter?

1940s: Mix up your textures: wear tweed with silk, or wool with fur for the ultimate in wartime glamour. And don’t forget red lipstick for that finishing touch.

1960s: Be bold with your prints and short with your hemlines for that iconic geometric chic. Feline flicked eyeliner is a must.

Stylists: Joy Starkey and Scharolta Si

Photographer: Eliska Haskovcova

Models: Katie Holmes and Emily Gittins

Clothes from: John Lewis

With thanks to: The Varsity Hotel

Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife in Cambridge, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive and can enjoy accommodation which is amongst the most luxurious offered in Cambridge.

For more information: call +44 (0)1223 30 60 30 / emailĀ info@thevarsityhotel.co.uk.

Facebook Twitter
  • Gentleman

Given the chance I'd make sure they were walking like cowboys for a week.

• Nice work!

I loved this article, great stuff :)

• Peter

My wardrobe is ruled by Aslan.

• confused

Model is name Katie Holmes … really?

• name

um, yes…yes it is.

• Caravaggio

Great, great, rack. Truly wonderful.

• Ben Sharples

Sorry for my shit chat Katie

• Roger

I wouldn't get out of either til the mid-wife came

• sos

What irresponsible parent let the baby on the pc again?

• lols

• You forgot something

1. Be attractive
    2. Don't be unattractive

• beautifully

• Felix

Hey mate I'm in the Library. What decade am I, you ask? I am the 2010s. I am all about energy conservation and classic style. I take influences from my friends – in college or from the ADC.

• Blebbley

I've come.

• Darren

I'd fly over her German industrial areas with my Lancaster bomber.

• Erm

• Guest

Neither, the 1950s had the best style!

• ballet

Katie looks so much like the ballerina, Darcey Bussell. http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/this-weeks-guest-

The Tab is a network of 60 university news sites with thousands of student reporters

By on

Introducing: the Tab’s new agony uncle

Niyi Adelakun is here to solve all of your Cambridge problems

By on

REVIEW: Hippo Concerto

Dani Cugini and Robyn Bellinger thoroughly recommend this rambunctious one man show.

by , Senior Tab reporter on

INTERVIEW: Jus Now talk to The Tab

Ahead of their gig in town on Thursday we get an exclusive chat with the Jus Now boys.