40s/60s: Which Decade Are You?

JOY STARKEY, SCHAROLTA SI and ELISKA HASKOVCOVA head to The Varsity Hotel to check out 40s and 60s style. Which girl will you be this winter?

affordable fashion fashion fashion rules Joy Starkey london fashion week street style vintage fashion

Separated by their iconic styles, the 1940s and 1960s are set to rule our wardrobes this season. One is sophisticated, feminine and luxurious and the other is fun, flirty and bold. Which girl will you be this winter?

1940s: Mix up your textures: wear tweed with silk, or wool with fur for the ultimate in wartime glamour. And don’t forget red lipstick for that finishing touch.

1960s: Be bold with your prints and short with your hemlines for that iconic geometric chic. Feline flicked eyeliner is a must.

Stylists: Joy Starkey and Scharolta Si

Photographer: Eliska Haskovcova

Models: Katie Holmes and Emily Gittins

Clothes from: John Lewis

With thanks to: The Varsity Hotel

Ideally situated for punting, shopping, sight-seeing and nightlife in Cambridge, The Varsity hotel guests are truly immersed in the culture and charm of Cambridge life from the moment they arrive and can enjoy accommodation which is amongst the most luxurious offered in Cambridge.

For more information: call +44 (0)1223 30 60 30 / email [email protected].