Student Plays Matchmaker With New Site

By on

A Jesus student helping Cantabs with their love lives with a new site that lets people anonymously text whoever they've got the hots for.

A Cambridge undergrad and ideas man is trying to make love and relationships that little bit easier with a new site that lets you send anonymous messages to your crush.

Jesus student Olly Rees has set up a website called Beginning, Middle, End, which aims to create ‘real love stories’.

The site lets students anonymously text anyone who’s caught their eye to get the love ball rolling, with things possibly developing as the project progresses.

Speaking to The Tab, Rees said: “I really want to be able to create a service that adds some excitement or interest to people’s lives, as well as a way to just tell someone you are thinking about them or like them.”

Rees has previously helped people to spread messages around colleges with discreet service Anonymous Pigeon, and provided exam term relief with online site Library Whispers.

The site’s homepage

Rees said: “When I was cycling down a street in London I saw a girl looking pretty miserable, and then when she checked her phone she saw something that immediately cheered her up, and she suddenly started smiling. I think it would be great if this happened more often — so the beginning is really an excuse to allow people to tell others they like them (anonymously, of course)!”

The website could prove pretty handy for Cambridge’s love-shy students. Cambridge came almost bottom of a survey ranking sexual partners per student last year, which didn’t really surprise anyone.

But the fairly high proportion of freshers who have already had one-night stands means that there could well be a decent amount of number-swapping going on. The site only launched last week, but has already had over 300 texts.

The ‘middle’ and ‘end’ sections will be introduced soon, before the whole project wraps up on the 20th November.

• Babe

i absolutely love this ideas man

• Devil Makes Work

He certainly keeps himself busy…

i am the ultimate wingman

• Anonymous Pigeon

I am the ultimate wingman (pun).

• jack

well shit, now I need to get their number. can't oliver rees make an easy way to do that?

• anon

Isn't it on your college's table of faces? It's on ours

• O.R. they?

A real talent. I like him. As a friend. And as a buddy.

• Anon

• Cupid

Might be a good point to mention: :-)

Heard something newsworthy?

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By , Editor, The Tab Cambridge on

Queens’ JCR President announces Bops return with a YouTube Christmas poem

College authorities succumb to the people’s demand for glorified, semi-ironic organised fun

By ,         on

Tab writers: Where are they now?

They were the ones who insisted they’d stop writing when you stopped reading

By , Chief Reporter on

Your gluten free diet is killing the wheat industry

Bread just makes me bloat

By , Contributing Editor on

Buying drugs used to be dangerous and sexy, now it’s for nerds

If you buy with bitcoin you’re a neek

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By ,         on

How to have sex at a house party

‘Have you seen the rest of the flat? I’ll give you a tour’

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness

By , Argument Editor on

If quoting a film gets them kicked out of uni, it’s no wonder medics aren’t fun

A Leicester medic channelled Liam Neeson and paid a heavy price