Student Plays Matchmaker With New Site

A Jesus student helping Cantabs with their love lives with a new site that lets people anonymously text whoever they’ve got the hots for.

anonymous anonymous pigeon cambridge students Cambridge University library whispers love story oliver rees Relationships Texting

A Cambridge undergrad and ideas man is trying to make love and relationships that little bit easier with a new site that lets you send anonymous messages to your crush.

Jesus student Olly Rees has set up a website called Beginning, Middle, End, which aims to create ‘real love stories’.

The site lets students anonymously text anyone who’s caught their eye to get the love ball rolling, with things possibly developing as the project progresses.

Speaking to The Tab, Rees said: “I really want to be able to create a service that adds some excitement or interest to people’s lives, as well as a way to just tell someone you are thinking about them or like them.”

Rees has previously helped people to spread messages around colleges with discreet service Anonymous Pigeon, and provided exam term relief with online site Library Whispers.

The site’s homepage

Rees said: “When I was cycling down a street in London I saw a girl looking pretty miserable, and then when she checked her phone she saw something that immediately cheered her up, and she suddenly started smiling. I think it would be great if this happened more often — so the beginning is really an excuse to allow people to tell others they like them (anonymously, of course)!”

The website could prove pretty handy for Cambridge’s love-shy students. Cambridge came almost bottom of a survey ranking sexual partners per student last year, which didn’t really surprise anyone.

But the fairly high proportion of freshers who have already had one-night stands means that there could well be a decent amount of number-swapping going on. The site only launched last week, but has already had over 300 texts.

The ‘middle’ and ‘end’ sections will be introduced soon, before the whole project wraps up on the 20th November.