Student Plays Matchmaker With New Site

A Jesus student helping Cantabs with their love lives with a new site that lets people anonymously text whoever they've got the hots for.

A Cambridge undergrad and ideas man is trying to make love and relationships that little bit easier with a new site that lets you send anonymous messages to your crush.

Jesus student Olly Rees has set up a website called Beginning, Middle, End, which aims to create ‘real love stories’.

The site lets students anonymously text anyone who’s caught their eye to get the love ball rolling, with things possibly developing as the project progresses.

Speaking to The Tab, Rees said: “I really want to be able to create a service that adds some excitement or interest to people’s lives, as well as a way to just tell someone you are thinking about them or like them.”

Rees has previously helped people to spread messages around colleges with discreet service Anonymous Pigeon, and provided exam term relief with online site Library Whispers.

The site’s homepage

Rees said: “When I was cycling down a street in London I saw a girl looking pretty miserable, and then when she checked her phone she saw something that immediately cheered her up, and she suddenly started smiling. I think it would be great if this happened more often — so the beginning is really an excuse to allow people to tell others they like them (anonymously, of course)!”

The website could prove pretty handy for Cambridge’s love-shy students. Cambridge came almost bottom of a survey ranking sexual partners per student last year, which didn’t really surprise anyone.

But the fairly high proportion of freshers who have already had one-night stands means that there could well be a decent amount of number-swapping going on. The site only launched last week, but has already had over 300 texts.

The ‘middle’ and ‘end’ sections will be introduced soon, before the whole project wraps up on the 20th November.

• Babe

i absolutely love this ideas man

• Devil Makes Work

He certainly keeps himself busy…
    http://www.oliverrees.co.uk./

• CUPID

i am the ultimate wingman

• Anonymous Pigeon

I am the ultimate wingman (pun).

• jack

well shit, now I need to get their number. can't oliver rees make an easy way to do that?

• anon

Isn't it on your college's table of faces? It's on ours

• O.R. they?

A real talent. I like him. As a friend. And as a buddy.

• Anon

HE IS SO AWESOME!!!!!

• http://romance.ucam.org Cupid

Might be a good point to mention: http://romance.ucam.org :-)

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

,        

SHIT SUBJECT: The Arts

VOTE NOW: We didn’t include Land Economy, just to make things a bit more interesting

Caesarian Sunday: The Playlist

Get pumped (hopefully not your stomach) with these tunes.

Tab guide to etiquette: Afternoon tea

How to make it seem like you have tea more than Her Majesty, the Queen.

, Editor, The Tab Manchester

These are the things that made me realise I had depression

Was I depressed or just being a bitch?

, Chief Reporter

Remembering American Adventure, the closest we got to the USA in the Midlands

Horses, guns and rollercoasters. What more could you want?

, Head of Marketing

I’d rather hang out with my parents than go clubbing

Most of my friends would, too

, Durham Editor of The Tab

Rhodes Must Fall founder makes waitress cry ‘typical white tears’

He wrote ‘WE WILL GIVE TIP WHEN YOU RETURN THE LAND’

,        

How to check your boobs: A guide

It’s so easy