Fresh Meat

JESSICA O'DRISCOLL-BREEN didn't enjoy Fresh Meat. But she did pick up some Peking duck drying-based tips.

Channel 4, Wednesdays at 10pm

[rating:2.5/5]

Brand, new drama Fresh Meat centres around the lives of six freshers at university, who move into a house together despite not knowing each other. Potential for high jinx and hilarity, right? Don’t hold your breath.

To be perfectly honest, there’s more craic in Newhnam on a Wednesday night than in this student den. Imagine the fellas from The Inbetweeners at university (except Jay’s character is now a girl called Oregon) and divide the banter they have by three. Now you have Fresh Meat. At one point in the show, Simon from The Inbetweeners (who has a new name, but plays the same character) compares the housemates to Hufflepuff students. Enough said.

At a running time of 40 minutes, the first episode of Fresh Meat did not manage to hold my Internet-warped attention for long. I watched it on 4oD, where the backdrop is a collage of tastefully edited nude photos of the cast. This is what initially distracted me, and about 20 minutes into the show, I found myself replying to emails, moisturising my feet, and looking at photos of myself on Facebook (or the Facebook-within-Facebook that it has rather bizarrely become).

The motley crew

There is one saving grace, however: the character Howard. Howard has me in stitches. The first time we meet him, he is standing in the kitchen with his willy out, drying Peking ducks with a hairdryer. Excellent. I’d do that if I had a willy. Or Peking ducks.

Vod’s character is also funny. As the token lesbian, she brings a bit of girl power to the house, which is always a good thing. She advises the other girls to get a man and just “strap him on for the night” – a phrase I am definitely going to start using. Vod also came out with the brilliant: “If I had a wrap of speed and a little bag of weed and some proper coffee and some ProPlus and a bottle of Night Nurse and some mushrooms and some books, I could bang out a statement in half an hour and it’d be brilliant. But I don’t.” Vod, girrrrrrl, I feel you. And so will all of us in a couple of weeks.

httpvh://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfnv97Uz8-Y

Fresh Meat isn’t meaty. Or fresh. It’s just a bit warm and fuzzy in places. I’ll give it another chance next week, purely to see what Howard and Vod come out with, but I don’t imagine I’ll manage the whole episode.

• Fresh Meat

2 and a half stars! This was definitely 4 or 5. Usual old tripe from The TAB!

Dont use the dry washing machine. Useless

Classic Line!

• Metareviewer

Great review. Lots of good points, nice writing style. Would read again.

• You got beef?

Have to say I disagree… Really enjoyed this – think the comparisons with the inbetweeners are unfair and has some interesting characters in it. Bit stereotype-y in parts but give it a few episodes to develop.

• Smacker of Lips

Fucking cracking review, you old horse!

• Sing-a-by lavatory

I love Jessica O'Breen. She floats my spleen.

• warbling loo

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• toilette qui chante

Love your reviews as much as poo (a lot!)

• seranading bog

!

• Rob

Yeah, I agree. Badly acted and predictable for the most part. The middle section was just about OK, but I can't be bothered to tune in again.

• http://www.jklda.com Last and least.

Unfair – it wasn't brilliant, yet an enjoyable show, definitely with its own entertaining lines and situations, I honestly believe it's worth more than 2.5 stars!? Trying to draw parallels between Jay from the inbetweeners and Oregon is a silly idea, they are nothing alike. There has been a lot of crap of TV in the last year, I suggest you target something else.

• Pingback: Testosterona P Balkan Pharmaceuticals()

• Pingback: mobile()

• Pingback: click here()

• Pingback: buy steroids online()

• Pingback: bu linkler senin ananin amina girsin()

• Pingback: ben bir orospu cocuguyum()

• Pingback: anti kasma oc()

• Pingback: seks izle()

• Pingback: movie2k()

• Pingback: orospunun dogurdugu()

• Pingback: ankaradabayanlar.net()

• Pingback: legal steroids for sale online()

• Pingback: anami sikin()

• Pingback: orospu cocugyum()

• Pingback: commercial real estate miami()

• Pingback: buy backlinks()

• Pingback: economics tuition()

• Pingback: commercial realtor miami()

• Pingback: law and lawyers()

Heard something newsworthy?

Cambridge has a huge class problem

You don’t need to be embarrassed if you grew up in a house with a dining room.

Tab Top Ten: Date Spots

Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we bring you Cambridge’s bestest hangouts for the perfect romantic date.

, Assistant Editor, The Tab

Every conversation you’ve ever had on your family Whatsapp group

Why does Dad use so many full stops?

, Argument Editor

Every awkward moment after a couple in your friendship group break up

Is it acceptable to start a new WhatsApp group without him in it?

Experts say you shouldn’t ride elephants in Thailand

A tourist was killed, and the animals are often unhappy

, Contributing Editor

More people should tell Chris Martin that he’s awful

It’s the right thing to do

, Chief Reporter

Sushi could be the key to getting a second date on Valentine’s Day

Is raw fish really an aphrodisiac?