Exclusive: Filthy Filthy Whispers

Library Whispers, the new site taking Cambridge by storm, have sent The Tab a selection of whispers that were too controversial for their site.

Twitter-esque website LibraryWhispers is taking Cambridge’s libraries by storm.

The site, set up on 15th May, lets you post anonymous comments from various libraries around Cambridge, and displays them in a real time stream, much like Twitter.

A group of Cambridge students, who wish to remain characteristically anonymous, set up the site so to help students communicate in libraries. Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from – but there is no other information to identify a poster.

The site took off almost immediately and rakced up over 1,000 posts within five days. Soon all kinds of unexpected whispers could be heard.

The founders told The Tab: “We’ve had people arranging midnight liaisons, secret updates about librarians, indecent propositions, May Ball leaks… even posts from the Astronomy Library.”

LibraryWhispers is still moving from strength to strength – and as exams draw nearer for more and more people it shows no signs of letting up; not even after midnight.

LibraryWhispers gave The Tab access to some “banned and outrageous” whispers. Here are a few of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on your perspective):

“Just spat on a working-class person – fucking

jokes!!!!!” [from St. John’s – removed by site admins]

I thought I’d see if I could rile up anybody on the site (I’m the bottom post) – and the whisperers delivered. Give it a try if you get bored:

librarywhispers.co.uk for all your anonymous library needs. Not all posts are insulting.

@kj_corcoran
  • A. Student

LIBRARY WHISPERS GOT ME THROUGH REVISION

• country boy

so they were too 'outrageous' to be put on the actual website, yet they're happy for them to be put up on the tab?
    Publicity stunt for a failing website?

• xxx

the tab = outrage only?

• FAVE

This is such a cool website. I've been using it all the time.

• mm…

Such shit chat on Library Whispers. Revision is clearly not conducive to banter.

• hmm

BANTER BANTER SHIT CHAT LADLADLADLADLAD!

• PC-GG

160 pound suede shoes but are you going to bang doe?

• WILLS fan

A whole article about library whispers without mentioning WILLS?
    Clearly not a true whispers-aficionado.

• PPSIS

But they mentioned the wasps. Spot on.

• waspfan101

library waspers.

• WILLS

I'm too edgy to be on the Tab

• Gary Coleman

What you talkin' about WILLS?

• WILLS

I'm a tit

• Bantabrigian

What the… Jesus College has blocked the site now!

• RE Featured Whispers

Finally proof I think that Mathmos do have chat!

• WTF

"Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from". Er, every library but St Ed's. That's collegist that is.

• dear me

errr it's on there….

• Sherlock

It's full of pointless, boring dickwads who think they're banterously accomplished. Thus, I conclude that the only people that use the website are from John's.

• A Preacher

Elementary, really.

• dan belluci

The John's whisper made me LOL like a motherfucker.

• http://wall.roundgate.com/index.php?do=/blog/129749/vo-so-cach-lam-thang-may-lam-dep-da-hieu-qua-2014-o-gia-dinh-khong-bao-gio-/ lam dep

thang may 2014 phu nu lam dep Me Va Be Shop Tphcm.Cha Me Va Con Cai.Me Va Be Vo Thi Sau.Me Va Be Can Gi

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

The Phases of an All-Nighter

Summary: Work work work work work

The NUS is a route to a better future, not the root of all evil – VOTE NO

I need the NUS to support me and all the other minorities this privileged university bubble contains

Scores on the Doors – Cambridge tops League Table

Cambridge cashes in with dizzying Guardian league table scores

, Argument Editor

Predicting Jose Mourinho’s first season in charge of Man Utd

12 months with The Special One

, National Editor

Are these the most pointless Uber journeys ever?

Mate it’s just down the road

How much of a commitment-phobe are you?

If you like it, please don’t put a ring on it

, Assistant Editor

What living with a bi-polar parent taught me about mental illness

Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s fake

, Scottish Correspondent of The Tab

Uni life at Cambridge made me nearly kill myself, calling dad stopped me

Suicide is the biggest killer of men under thirty in the UK