Exclusive: Filthy Filthy Whispers

By on

Library Whispers, the new site taking Cambridge by storm, have sent The Tab a selection of whispers that were too controversial for their site.

Twitter-esque website LibraryWhispers is taking Cambridge’s libraries by storm.

The site, set up on 15th May, lets you post anonymous comments from various libraries around Cambridge, and displays them in a real time stream, much like Twitter.

A group of Cambridge students, who wish to remain characteristically anonymous, set up the site so to help students communicate in libraries. Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from – but there is no other information to identify a poster.

The site took off almost immediately and rakced up over 1,000 posts within five days. Soon all kinds of unexpected whispers could be heard.

The founders told The Tab: “We’ve had people arranging midnight liaisons, secret updates about librarians, indecent propositions, May Ball leaks… even posts from the Astronomy Library.”

LibraryWhispers is still moving from strength to strength – and as exams draw nearer for more and more people it shows no signs of letting up; not even after midnight.

LibraryWhispers gave The Tab access to some “banned and outrageous” whispers. Here are a few of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on your perspective):

“Just spat on a working-class person – fucking

jokes!!!!!” [from St. John’s – removed by site admins]

I thought I’d see if I could rile up anybody on the site (I’m the bottom post) – and the whisperers delivered. Give it a try if you get bored:

librarywhispers.co.uk for all your anonymous library needs. Not all posts are insulting.

• A. Student

• country boy

so they were too 'outrageous' to be put on the actual website, yet they're happy for them to be put up on the tab?
    Publicity stunt for a failing website?

• xxx

the tab = outrage only?

• FAVE

This is such a cool website. I've been using it all the time.

• mm…

Such shit chat on Library Whispers. Revision is clearly not conducive to banter.

• hmm

• PC-GG

160 pound suede shoes but are you going to bang doe?

• WILLS fan

A whole article about library whispers without mentioning WILLS?
    Clearly not a true whispers-aficionado.

But they mentioned the wasps. Spot on.

• waspfan101

library waspers.

I'm too edgy to be on the Tab

• Gary Coleman

What you talkin' about WILLS?

I'm a tit

• Bantabrigian

What the… Jesus College has blocked the site now!

• RE Featured Whispers

Finally proof I think that Mathmos do have chat!

• WTF

"Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from". Er, every library but St Ed's. That's collegist that is.

• dear me

errr it's on there….

• Sherlock

It's full of pointless, boring dickwads who think they're banterously accomplished. Thus, I conclude that the only people that use the website are from John's.

• A Preacher

Elementary, really.

• dan belluci

The John's whisper made me LOL like a motherfucker.

• http://wall.roundgate.com/index.php?do=/blog/129749/vo-so-cach-lam-thang-may-lam-dep-da-hieu-qua-2014-o-gia-dinh-khong-bao-gio-/ lam dep

thang may 2014 phu nu lam dep Me Va Be Shop Tphcm.Cha Me Va Con Cai.Me Va Be Vo Thi Sau.Me Va Be Can Gi

• Ellis

Tour was to a coastal town of Lloret de Mar, not Salou.

• Just Saying

Tour was in Lloret de Mar… you had one job…

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

Vote Now: Cambridge’s Best Bums 2015

All bums are equal, but some are more equal than others. Help us choose which ones.

By and on

The mafia is opening its ranks

The Tab is giving out free CV points.

By , Deputy Editor, The Tab Cambridge on

EXLCUSIVE PICS: James Bond Director Sam Mendes in town for Peterhouse Freshers’ Play

He returned to his old stomping ground of Peterhouse and helped out with the Freshers’ Play

By , Contributing Editor on

All things considered, doing DofE Gold is quite weird

So many blisters

By on

London’s plubs are the best thing about UK nightlife right now

(It’s a pub and a club mixed together)

By , Contributing Editor on

We asked guys whether they prefer thongs or french knickers

The finer things in life

By , Chief Reporter on

Your gluten free diet is killing the wheat industry

Bread just makes me bloat

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness