Exclusive: Filthy Filthy Whispers

Library Whispers, the new site taking Cambridge by storm, have sent The Tab a selection of whispers that were too controversial for their site.

Twitter-esque website LibraryWhispers is taking Cambridge’s libraries by storm.

The site, set up on 15th May, lets you post anonymous comments from various libraries around Cambridge, and displays them in a real time stream, much like Twitter.

A group of Cambridge students, who wish to remain characteristically anonymous, set up the site so to help students communicate in libraries. Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from – but there is no other information to identify a poster.

The site took off almost immediately and rakced up over 1,000 posts within five days. Soon all kinds of unexpected whispers could be heard.

The founders told The Tab: “We’ve had people arranging midnight liaisons, secret updates about librarians, indecent propositions, May Ball leaks… even posts from the Astronomy Library.”

LibraryWhispers is still moving from strength to strength – and as exams draw nearer for more and more people it shows no signs of letting up; not even after midnight.

LibraryWhispers gave The Tab access to some “banned and outrageous” whispers. Here are a few of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on your perspective):

“Just spat on a working-class person – fucking

jokes!!!!!” [from St. John’s – removed by site admins]

I thought I’d see if I could rile up anybody on the site (I’m the bottom post) – and the whisperers delivered. Give it a try if you get bored:

librarywhispers.co.uk for all your anonymous library needs. Not all posts are insulting.

@kj_corcoran
  • A. Student

LIBRARY WHISPERS GOT ME THROUGH REVISION

• country boy

so they were too 'outrageous' to be put on the actual website, yet they're happy for them to be put up on the tab?
    Publicity stunt for a failing website?

• xxx

the tab = outrage only?

• FAVE

This is such a cool website. I've been using it all the time.

• mm…

Such shit chat on Library Whispers. Revision is clearly not conducive to banter.

• hmm

BANTER BANTER SHIT CHAT LADLADLADLADLAD!

• PC-GG

160 pound suede shoes but are you going to bang doe?

• WILLS fan

A whole article about library whispers without mentioning WILLS?
    Clearly not a true whispers-aficionado.

• PPSIS

But they mentioned the wasps. Spot on.

• waspfan101

library waspers.

• WILLS

I'm too edgy to be on the Tab

• Gary Coleman

What you talkin' about WILLS?

• WILLS

I'm a tit

• Bantabrigian

What the… Jesus College has blocked the site now!

• RE Featured Whispers

Finally proof I think that Mathmos do have chat!

• WTF

"Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from". Er, every library but St Ed's. That's collegist that is.

• dear me

errr it's on there….

• Sherlock

It's full of pointless, boring dickwads who think they're banterously accomplished. Thus, I conclude that the only people that use the website are from John's.

• A Preacher

Elementary, really.

• dan belluci

The John's whisper made me LOL like a motherfucker.

• http://wall.roundgate.com/index.php?do=/blog/129749/vo-so-cach-lam-thang-may-lam-dep-da-hieu-qua-2014-o-gia-dinh-khong-bao-gio-/ lam dep

thang may 2014 phu nu lam dep Me Va Be Shop Tphcm.Cha Me Va Con Cai.Me Va Be Vo Thi Sau.Me Va Be Can Gi

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

10 things I hate about Cambridge: The NUS — and it’s so much worse than you thought

Hear ye, hear ye! Here’s why we should be first in the queue to disaffiliate.

, Former Cambridge Editor

Dear Cambridge: Don’t leave the NUS, it’s a magnificent institution

Remember everything it’s achieved

How to blag free drinks

Up your flirt game

Test how appalling your knowledge of British geography is

Who really knows their Runcorn from their Rutland?

Oxford Ntokozo Qwabe is a discredit to the Rhodes Must Fall movement

Making a waitress cry is not ‘something black and wonderful’

, Chief Reporter

There’s a petition for the Rhodes Must Fall leader to have his scholarship revoked

It already has more than 27,000 signatures

, National Editor

‘I tore up the rose she’d sent’: The secret stories from your most awkward break-ups

Confessions of relationships that went wrong